Author Topic: Could Ron DeSantis, Andrew Gillum race for Florida governor face recount?  (Read 310 times)

Online libertybele

Interesting .... so ... are we still waiting for a recount decision?

Could Ron DeSantis, Andrew Gillum race for Florida governor face recount?

Andrew Gillum conceded that he lost the governor’s race Tuesday night, but the election could be headed for a state-mandated recount anyway.

Additional votes counted on Wednesday afternoon had cut Republican Ron DeSantis’ lead over the Democratic mayor of Tallahassee to 0.62 percent.

An automatic recount would be done if the margin of victory falls below 0.5 percent..........

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-ne-ron-desantis-andrew-gillum-recount-20181107-story.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Re: Could Ron DeSantis, Andrew Gillum race for Florida governor face recount?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 12:23:51 am »
If only the democrats could figure out how to declare victory without having to mess with all that voting and stuff.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:29:35 am »
Recount? Let's hope not.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 12:52:45 am »
Recount? Let's hope not.

I hope not either, but Nelson is demanding a recount and if I'm understanding correctly, because the vote was so close, a recount is mandated by FL election laws.

Personally, I was actually surprised that Gillum conceded when 98/99% of the votes were counted and DeSantis was winning by a slight 1%.  Final number is that he won by 0.62% ... not a whole lot of room for error with 0.5 being the cutoff point mandating a recount.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:53:21 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 12:54:56 am »
I hope not either, but Nelson is demanding a recount and if I'm understanding correctly, because the vote was so close, a recount is mandated by FL election laws.

Personally, I was actually surprised that Gillum conceded when 98/99% of the votes were counted and DeSantis was winning by a slight 1%.  Final number is that he won by 0.62% ... not a whole lot of room for error with 0.5 being the cutoff point mandating a recount.

Oh no!! Are the chads making a come back??

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 12:58:43 am »

Oh no!! Are the chads making a come back??

I think not ... lol ... but if you had spent a ton of money and considerable time and effort on a race and only lost by 0.62%, you might think one would demand a recount!