Author Topic: Obama Created More Jobs In His Last 21 Months Than Trump Created in His First 21 Months  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Ed Henry Fact-Checks Pete Hegseth: ‘Barack Obama Created More Jobs In His Last 21 Months Than Donald Trump Created in His First 21 Months’

Alan Jude Ryland
Second Nexus
November 5, 2018   

Ed Henry, the chief national correspondent for Fox News, fact-checked weekend ‘Fox & Friends’ host Pete Hegseth on Saturday after Hegseth claimed that former President Barack Obama should not be given credit for the healthy economy.

Hegseth began:

“Democrats want to talk about health care. They don’t want to talk about immigration. They can’t talk about the economy. I mean Barack Obama is trying to say he rebuilt the economy.”

At which point Henry chimed in:

“You’ve read the numbers, I’m sure. Barack Obama created more jobs in his final 21 months than President [Donald] Trump has created in his first 21. I’m not saying this President inherited it, but would you acknowledge that he was handed a better economy than Barack Obama got?”

More

The Left is in ecstasy over this.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:30:16 am by Machiavelli »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Anything being reported as a positive regarding Bammy and the economy is complete and utter b.s.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

You'll have to tell me exactly which Obama policy accounts for anything economically good that happened during his administration.

When he kept telling us the jobs weren't coming back & flaccid economy was the new normal I believed him.

Offline endicom

Neither created any jobs. All government can do for job creation is get out of the way.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I can tell you a number of the jobs during the recession were people being double and triple counted holding multiple part time jobs.  I was one of them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:16:20 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Neither created any jobs. All government can do for job creation is get out of the way.

Sort of.  The work project jobs under FDR were mostly government created busy work to keep people from getting communist revolution ideas.  It was all borrowing and spending, even when WWII started.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Good article the Obama economic numbers were always fishy. Of course the Republic and in Congress and the Senate don't get any credit, how strange. :pondering:

It does bug me when politicians get credit for creating jobs. They don't, people do that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:07:46 am by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

Almost all of those jobs he created in that time span were temporary Census worker jobs that disappeared after the Census ended.

There was not a census in Obama's final 21 months.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LegalAmerican

Anything being reported as a positive regarding Bammy and the economy is complete and utter b.s.

Thank  you and I agree!  Under Obama we went from  AAA rating to an A.  Black unemployment went from 7 % to 14%. 
Very bad numbers.  When Obana put in obamcare, 800,000 jobs were LOST right away. Then ,other lay offs, for months. 
His adm, would give job totals, but not lost jobs. For a NET LOSS. NOTHING WAS CORRECT IN THAT ADM. COOKED BOOKS.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
You are right, there was no Census, but most of the jobs created with Obama were part time.  One of the HUGE NEGATIVES of the Affordable Care Act was that most people in a number of industries, but particularly retail that had fulltime jobs lost those jobs as almost all folks in retail were moved to parttime status.  They were reduced to less than 29 hours per week and lost company paid benefits.  They then had to turn around and find a parttime job working for a 2nd employer.

So many of the numbers from the Obama Administration were bogus.  He counted people that were turned away at the border as people being deported.  These folks were not counted in prior administrations.  The one most important thing about Obama that remains true today is that if his lips were moving he was lying.  That still remains true.

The man that boasted YOU DID NOT BUILD THAT, turns around after being out of office and declares HE BUILT THAT regarding the economy.  Everyone whose brain is not atrophied knows different.  I hope he remains active, because I thought he actually helped Republican candidates.

Another big lie are the number of uninsured in America today.  I know quite a few that had healthcare before the ACA legislation that now do not have coverage.  They simply cannot afford going from $350 per month premium to $1,200+ per month, and so they go without healthcare.  For the 1 out of 10 that benefit from the ACA legislation(Obamacare), there are 9 out of 10 that were adversely affected.  My best friend, his father died prematurely because of Obamacare policies.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:25:00 am by jafo2010 »

Offline LegalAmerican

Wrong!  Obamcare destroyed many jobs, by the regulation's in Obamcare. Obama, OUTSOURCED a lot of our jobs, to BRAZIL, PHILIPPINES, MEXICO, AFRICA, CANADA.  Gave NASA to Russia & muslims.

President TRUMP is bringing BACK MANUFACTURING JOBS, STEEL MILLS, COAL MINERS, CAR INDUSTRY. New trade deals, and removing a lot of crazy regulations, not needed! Obama got into all of our jobs, to destroy them! EPA. IRS.

President TRUMP cutting taxes. Obama INCREASED THEM. 18 NEW TAXES IN OBAMCARE.

You must not, have been paying any attention?  MAGAPILLCOM

Offline LegalAmerican

Almost all of those jobs he created in that time span were temporary Census worker jobs that disappeared after the Census ended.

We didn't really start adding jobs again unti the Republicans took over the House. Believe me, I was looking for work back then, and there wasn't much to be found anywhere.

Yes.

In 2010 census, a worker said that, when she was hired, each time she went to a different area to canvas, Obama called THAT, a new job.  So she went to about a dozen places....12 NEW JOBS. ONE Person.  Obama hired a LOT OF FEDERAL WORKERS TOO..and those were called "jobs'. Redundant, worthless jobs, and for obamcare ENFORCEMENT..thousand I.R.S agents hired to be gestapo. Or was it 5K?

Because of Obamcare, no one could work 40 hour jobs anymore. So, people had 2 or 3 part-time jobs. SAME ONE PERSON. "  THREE NEW JOBS". 

With Illegals, when one was stopped at border and turned around...obama counted that, as a DEPORTATION.
Never mind, the illegal got in further down, the same day. Then the OPEN BORDERS by Obama. Obama supporters still say, how he deported so many illegals.  HOW, with open border policy.  How, when he sent flyers to Mexico , telling them to come here for all the free stuff?   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:24:22 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

You are right, there was no Census, but most of the jobs created with Obama were part time.  One of the HUGE NEGATIVES of the Affordable Care Act was that most people in a number of industries, but particularly retail that had fulltime jobs lost those jobs as almost all folks in retail were moved to parttime status.  They were reduced to less than 29 hours per week and lost company paid benefits.  They then had to turn around and find a parttime job working for a 2nd employer.

So many of the numbers from the Obama Administration were bogus.  He counted people that were turned away at the border as people being deported.  These folks were not counted in prior administrations.  The one most important thing about Obama that remains true today is that if his lips were moving he was lying.  That still remains true.

The man that boasted YOU DID NOT BUILD THAT, turns around after being out of office and declares HE BUILT THAT regarding the economy.  Everyone whose brain is not atrophied knows different.  I hope he remains active, because I thought he actually helped Republican candidates.

Another big lie are the number of uninsured in America today.  I know quite a few that had healthcare before the ACA legislation that now do not have coverage.  They simply cannot afford going from $350 per month premium to $1,200+ per month, and so they go without healthcare.  For the 1 out of 10 that benefit from the ACA legislation(Obamacare), there are 9 out of 10 that were adversely affected.  My best friend, his father died prematurely because of Obamacare policies.

YES...I am happy some of us remember the truth, and those "deportations."  I just read your post, after, I posted that too, in my post.   STILL LYING.  And crazy, want to re-write his horrible legacy, into something great!

Before obamcare, 30 million people had no health insurance
After obamcare,  40 million people had no health insurance

This information came from Government site. Budget committee I think. Going by memory. It was just wealth re-distribution, and the same plan Hitler had. Figures, since SOROS is his backer.

:thumbsup:

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:40:18 am by LegalAmerican »

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

We didn't really start adding jobs again unti the Republicans took over the House. Believe me, I was looking for work back then, and there wasn't much to be found anywhere.
My recollection is that the majority of the jobs created were part time ones that people had to take on along with their first job that was cut from full time to part time so that employers didn't have to pay for healthcare.

Online LMAO

States that expanded Medicaid saw dramatic declines in the number of uninsured residents.

Funny how that welfare works.

Yup

I’m just challenging the claim that there are more people uninsured after Obamacare than before when all the data  I’ve seen says otherwise
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There was not a census in Obama's final 21 months.
My bad. I misread the headline, thought it said his FIRST 21 months, which is patently absurd.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Slide Rule

You do have to give Obysmal credit for adding bookoo IRS agents and arming
them with the latest and greatest firearms.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote