Author Topic: 2018 General Election Live Thread  (Read 31527 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: 2018 General Election Live Thread
« Reply #700 on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:28 pm »
All in all, a very satisfactory result.   A lot of the new Dems appear to be potential moderates.   Perhaps a center/right coalition could emerge.   Meanwhile Clarence Thomas can safely retire and be replaced by a Constitutionalist 25 years younger.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #701 on: November 07, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »
Does anyone know why none of the outlets are calling the GA Governor's race?  Abram's down 2 full percentage points with 100% of the vote counted.

Abrams refuses to concede.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #702 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:03 pm »

Yes, this was a relative win for the Pubs. And they have hopefully lost some dogs.
I'd call this one a draw.

The Dems took the House, made big gains in the midwest and tightened their grip on the Northeast. They've shown that, by and large, their approach is personal attacks against high-profile conservatives, and in many cases it worked: socons like Kim Davis got thrown out, reformers like Scott Walker got thrown out, and Beto came uncomfortably close to an upset.

The GOP clawed back Senate seats they lost in 2012 and held on to seats the Dems desperately wanted. Ted Cruz surviving is a huge relief. The good news for the Republicans is that the personal attack strategy they used to get in probably won't be enough to keep them there next time around.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline endicom

« Reply #703 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:42 pm »

As of now, Reuters has the Dems down one Senate seat with 40 and the Pubs up one Senate seat with 50.

« Reply #704 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »
Donald J. Trump ‏ Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 7m7 minutes ago

If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!

Love the red wall!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #705 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:52 pm »
Pelosi may not be the next Speaker, there were close to a dozen that said they would not vote for Pelosi. Of course, when it comes to the exercise of raw political power, the old bulls and cows in DC have no peers.

What that means is they’re gonna vote for someone more radical more hard left than Pelosi.  Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Occasio-Communist stand for Speaker.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #706 on: November 07, 2018, 01:30:03 pm »
Abrams refuses to concede.

I read that, but that usually doesn't stop the media from calling races before a concession speech.

Also from what gathered from some of their local reads , it sounds like she might be trying to pull some Franken tactics.  With Ophra's money, I'll be she tries.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline endicom

« Reply #707 on: November 07, 2018, 01:32:00 pm »

The Dems took the House, made big gains in the midwest and tightened their grip on the Northeast. They've shown that, by and large, their approach is personal attacks against high-profile conservatives, and in many cases it worked: socons like Kim Davis got thrown out, reformers like Scott Walker got thrown out, and Beto came uncomfortably close to an upset.

The GOP clawed back Senate seats they lost in 2012 and held on to seats the Dems desperately wanted. Ted Cruz surviving is a huge relief. The good news for the Republicans is that the personal attack strategy they used to get in probably won't be enough to keep them there next time around.

The GOP has history on its side for 2020. Infighting among the Dems could help them.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #708 on: November 07, 2018, 01:34:07 pm »
  socons like Kim Davis got thrown out, reformers like Scott Walker got thrown out, and Beto came uncomfortably close to an upset.

Kim Davis was an unlikable kook in a Who Cares election. Walker was an embarrassment running for Pres and shot himself in the foot, Beatoff raked in more money than God and had illegals voting for him to beat Ted and still blew it. Overall this was a pretty good outcome for the GOP that was looking at a wipe out a month ago.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #709 on: November 07, 2018, 01:34:15 pm »

The GOP has history on its side for 2020. Infighting among the Dems could help them.

The left really is divided and vulnerable right now. The right has an incredible opportunity to do serious damage to them in the years to come if they can stop making the same mistakes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:35:53 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

« Reply #710 on: November 07, 2018, 01:36:31 pm »
As of now, Reuters has the Dems down one Senate seat with 40 and the Pubs up one Senate seat with 50.

Reuters is wrong.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #711 on: November 07, 2018, 01:37:00 pm »
Trump is offering to give Pelosi GOP votes if her party won't give her the leadership job. BRILLIANT!!!!!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #712 on: November 07, 2018, 01:37:17 pm »
The left really is divided right now. The right has an incredible opportunity to do serious damage to them in the years to come if they can stop making the same mistakes.

I can't think of one even remotely moderate dim who is pushing for the '20 nomination.  Let 'em make the mistakes of 1972.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #713 on: November 07, 2018, 01:41:19 pm »

Yes, this was a relative win for the Pubs. And they have hopefully lost some dogs.

I thought we'd keep the House, or lose maybe a few seats. Can't believe some of the shysters people voted for just to get their "F*** Trump!" on.

But I got to keep perspective, the GOP didn't give up much ground, and pleasantly gained in the Senate in what's usually a meat grinder election for the party in power.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #714 on: November 07, 2018, 01:41:57 pm »
I read that, but that usually doesn't stop the media from calling races before a concession speech.

Also from what gathered from some of their local reads , it sounds like she might be trying to pull some Franken tactics.  With Ophra's money, I'll be she tries.

UpDATE:  Also found that she does't have to buck a full 2 1/2 point lead.  All she has to do is cheat and generate enough votes to force a runoff.

Offline endicom

« Reply #715 on: November 07, 2018, 01:42:26 pm »
Reuters is wrong.

CNN is showing 45 Dem and 51 GOP.

HuffPo is 43 Dem and 51 GOP.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:44:17 pm by endicom »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #716 on: November 07, 2018, 01:45:10 pm »

CNN is showing 45 Dem and 51 GOP.

All night long I saw the MSM trend.  Call close dim wins, while waiting for almost full results to call 'em for the GOP.   They still haven't called McSally's or Rosendale's wins.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #717 on: November 07, 2018, 01:46:16 pm »

Perhaps,  but the numbers that helped us in the Senate this year will be flipped in 2020.  Far more GOP incumbents will be defending their seats than Democrats.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #718 on: November 07, 2018, 01:46:21 pm »

Pretty much.  For all the red wave - blue wave hype this summer, it essentially settled into what we saw predicted last week:  Red gains in the Senate, Blue control of the House by a small majority, and closely contested races for governor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #719 on: November 07, 2018, 01:49:11 pm »

Pretty much.  For all the red wave - blue wave hype this summer, it essentially settled into what we saw predicted last week:  Red gains in the Senate, Blue control of the House by a small majority, and closely contested races for governor.

When we have deadlocked government.........    The taxpayers win. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #720 on: November 07, 2018, 01:52:17 pm »
When we have deadlocked government.........    The taxpayers win.
I suppose it's too much to ask that the Democrats will be so all-consumed with impeaching everyone connected to the Trump administration, they'll forget about raising taxes, gun seizures and the like?
 :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #721 on: November 07, 2018, 01:54:03 pm »

Bullshit. Last week we had the Rats flipping 10 or 15 more seats in the House. That never got close. A bunch of these Rat Senators were moved to safe or up. That didn't happen. Marsha Blackburn was toast. Not really. Everything we heard last week was a lie and a fraud.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #722 on: November 07, 2018, 01:55:18 pm »
I suppose it's too much to ask that the Democrats will be so all-consumed with impeaching everyone connected to the Trump administration, they'll forget about raising taxes, gun seizures and the like?
 :pondering:

No, they're already talking about it. If you visit Reddit you'll see a bunch of top page threads talking about the house going after Trump etc. A lot of young people on the left truly, honestly believe that they're going to see Donald Trump put in handcuffs.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

« Reply #723 on: November 07, 2018, 01:55:41 pm »

James Woods
‏Verified account @RealJamesWoods
40s40 seconds ago

I do think if Republicans had won it all yesterday, 2020 could have been catastrophic. Trump does well as a fighter. He will now be able to energize his base against Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, Nadler - all perfect liberal “villains” for Republicans to attack on the campaign trail.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #724 on: November 07, 2018, 01:57:55 pm »
No, they're already talking about it. If you visit Reddit you'll see a bunch of top page threads talking about the house going after Trump etc. A lot of young people on the left truly, honestly believe that they're going to see Donald Trump put in handcuffs.
Exactly. They all have impeachment on their tiny minds. I'm just hopeful it's distracting enough to them.
I hope this guy is right:
Boston  🇺🇸Bobblehead  @DBloom451
33m33 minutes ago

GOOD NEWS is Nutter🤪Democrats will almost certainly overreach with investigations b/c their base will demand it — like with Kavanaugh.
This will turn-off Independents.
Trump will rack up more wins on trade, personnel, foreign policy and the economy. All bode well for 2020!