Author Topic: 2018 General Election Live Thread  (Read 31523 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: 2018 General Election Live Thread
« Reply #675 on: November 07, 2018, 11:54:40 am »
Wish I could, I am my 87 year old Mother's primary caretaker, but even when she passes I will not be able to leave. Both of my children live here and my wife will never leave the grand kids, I really don't want o leave them either so I'm hosed.

That’s why I’m stuck in the Garden State, elderly mom. When she goes and everything is settled I am 90 percent sure I would move, even though I hate moving. There has to be somewhere cheaper and nicer to retire to. I have no friends here too which is nice to help me move, I mean, no ties other than mom
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #676 on: November 07, 2018, 12:32:43 pm »
Bye bye...
Gillum :rolling:
Abrams  :rolling:
Donnelly  :rolling:
Beto  :rolling:
Sinema  :0001:
Tester   :0001:
Nelson  :rolling:
I will be very happy to see all of these people removed from the national stage.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #677 on: November 07, 2018, 12:34:42 pm »

The new youngest member of congress. Not surprised I guess.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #678 on: November 07, 2018, 12:39:00 pm »
That’s why I’m stuck in the Garden State, elderly mom. When she goes and everything is settled I am 90 percent sure I would move, even though I hate moving. There has to be somewhere cheaper and nicer to retire to. I have no friends here too which is nice to help me move, I mean, no ties other than mom

Don't move to PA. Move the FL. We have enough Jersey run-a-ways already.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #679 on: November 07, 2018, 12:40:51 pm »

The new youngest member of congress. Not surprised I guess.

You better get used to a lot more of these idiot Millennials in office. Boomers are dying off and these morons are coming on line as regular voters. 

Offline Dexter

« Reply #680 on: November 07, 2018, 12:45:42 pm »
You better get used to a lot more of these idiot Millennials in office. Boomers are dying off and these morons are coming on line as regular voters.

I really believe the left is in the process of killing itself. The far left has taken over and they're intolerant of anybody that even steps out of line with their wording. They're leaving less and less room for people between the far left and the center. I've been called a Fascist/Nazi/Etc just for suggesting that opposing ideas are at least worth examination and discussion. Y'all should make sure you're not doing them the favor of making similar mistakes.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #681 on: November 07, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »
Bye bye...
Gillum :rolling:
Abrams  :rolling:
Donnelly  :rolling:
Beto  :rolling:
Sinema  :0001:
Tester   :0001:
Nelson  :rolling:
I will be very happy to see all of these people removed from the national stage.

Hello Speaker Pelosi and the Dem controlled House.

While we’re celebrating small victories we lost the overall war.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #682 on: November 07, 2018, 12:51:43 pm »
Don't move to PA. Move the FL. We have enough Jersey run-a-ways already.

No Florida. I don’t like heat. I want somewhere cold. Iceland. Antarctica. Alaska
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Dexter

« Reply #683 on: November 07, 2018, 12:55:06 pm »
we lost the overall war.

You kept the senate and at least a decent presence in the house. You have not lost the war. If the Republicans calm down and don't become hyper-partisan intolerant shitheads like the left they will definitely win in the end.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:55:37 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #684 on: November 07, 2018, 12:56:42 pm »

Pelosi may not be the next Speaker, there were close to a dozen that said they would not vote for Pelosi. Of course, when it comes to the exercise of raw political power, the old bulls and cows in DC have no peers.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #685 on: November 07, 2018, 12:57:47 pm »
Our spectacular state auditor, Mary Mosiman lost to a huckster with no experience, no accounting background, no nothing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #686 on: November 07, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »

What? This was a first term Midterm. It's usually a bloodbath. The Rats not only didn't win a whole host of boutique seats, the GOP GAINED seats in the Senate and kept the loses in the house way down.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:01:33 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #687 on: November 07, 2018, 01:01:27 pm »

No, we did not.  Democrats are in a position to make a lot of noise, they cannot make law.  They cannot stop judges from being seated, they cannot stop the President's appointments (think Sessions). They cannot remove the President. The President now has his Senate and Murkowski, Collins and Romney will be team players or marginalized.

I agree the dynamics with the House will change in January, but this is not a bad thing.  Dennis Miller summed it up beautifully:

« Reply #688 on: November 07, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »
What? This was a first term Midterm. It's usually a bloodbath. The Rats not only didn't win a whole host of boutique seats, the GOP GAINED seats in the Senate and kept the loses in the house way down.

How quickly people forget:  Obama lost 63 seats in the house in 2010 and 6 senate seats; Clinton lost 54 house seats in 1994 and 9 senate seats.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #689 on: November 07, 2018, 01:04:14 pm »
McSally is down to a 0.86% lead with 98% of the precincts counted. It looks very likely she's won.

Of the 7 counties with votes still out, McSally leads in 4. Can't see anything that could knock her off at this point.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #690 on: November 07, 2018, 01:07:15 pm »

And the GOP kept the house losses down facing redistricting and 40 retirements. 

Not too shabby. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #691 on: November 07, 2018, 01:08:18 pm »
Does anyone know why none of the outlets are calling the GA Governor's race?  Abram's down 2 full percentage points with 100% of the vote counted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #692 on: November 07, 2018, 01:08:56 pm »
You kept the senate and at least a decent presence in the house. You have not lost the war. If the Republicans calm down and don't become hyper-partisan intolerant shitheads like the left they will definitely win in the end.

Agree 100%.     Let the Dems make their choice between resistance and reconciliation.   Look back to the Clinton parallel.   Both sides were able to pass meaningful legislation (welfare reform),  but later the GOP got caught up in trying to humiliate the President personally and paid for it.

Assholery always exposes itself.

Best news is Trump can continue, and even accelerate, his campaign to appoint Constitutionalist judges  - the one thing that unites conservatives of all stripes.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Dexter

« Reply #693 on: November 07, 2018, 01:08:59 pm »
Does anyone know why none of the outlets are calling the GA Governor's race?  Abram's down 2 full percentage points with 100% of the vote counted.

The Democrat candidate is refusing to concede currently.
-Socrates

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #694 on: November 07, 2018, 01:10:45 pm »
Of the 7 counties with votes still out, McSally leads in 4. Can't see anything that could knock her off at this point.

Another puzzler of why the media is slow to project GOP wins.   My rough extrapolation of outstanding precincts  shows no way McSally can lose this one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #695 on: November 07, 2018, 01:10:54 pm »
How quickly people forget:  Obama lost 63 seats in the house in 2010 and 6 senate seats; Clinton lost 54 house seats in 1994 and 9 senate seats.

Am I the only one who remembers Obama's "I'm still relevant" at his "we took a shellacking" press conference after his first midterms?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #696 on: November 07, 2018, 01:12:47 pm »
The Democrat candidate is refusing to concede currently.

I saw that, but shouldn't be any reason for the news media outlets not to call the race.  I'm pretty sure this race isn't in recount territory.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #697 on: November 07, 2018, 01:17:06 pm »
Florida Senate race is too close to call.  Under FL law recount mandatory.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/39434427/floridas-us-senate-race-is-too-close-to-call

At least it looks like the Dems would have to come up with about 35K votes to take the lead. Considering how few counties Nelson one, that'd be alot of stuffing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

« Reply #698 on: November 07, 2018, 01:17:36 pm »

Yes, this was a relative win for the Pubs. And they have hopefully lost some dogs.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #699 on: November 07, 2018, 01:19:47 pm »
And the GOP kept the house losses down facing redistricting and 40 retirements. 

Not too shabby.

Nixon in '70 and Reagan in '82 gained in the Senate and lost some in the House their first term. Here we have a President who all the NT and radicals call the worst President ever whose approvals hover between 1% and dog shit and look how well he did. We were also told this was going to the the biggest blowout ever and it was as mild to nothing as it gets.