Author Topic: 2018 General Election Live Thread  (Read 31529 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: 2018 General Election Live Thread
« Reply #650 on: November 07, 2018, 06:39:12 am »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060022696703070208
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Tremendous success tonight. Thank you to all!
8:14 PM - 6 Nov 2018

My pleasure Mr. President.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #651 on: November 07, 2018, 06:39:57 am »
Montana has tightened considerably.  GOP might pull this one out.

Montana
Tester 48.7   Rosendale 48.4         
(52%)

That's absolutely amazing. They were always a split ticket state.

Online DB

« Reply #652 on: November 07, 2018, 06:42:55 am »
9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
CA voters have to be the most damnedest, ignorant pieces of shit...Thanks you POS Xavier Becerra, for effin' LYING on the ballot.

Cannot believe that even Prop 6, repeal of the gas tax and vehicle registration fee increase is going to fail...Effin' IDIOTS!
Bought into the false bullshit adverts from some POS dressed up in a fireman's uniform about "safety".  This state effin' sucks! 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

After 48 years my family and I moved out of California. California is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #653 on: November 07, 2018, 06:43:16 am »
AZ counting votes at a snail's pace.  I don't think these results have changed in the past 45 minutes.  McSally still holding a small lead

Arizona
Sinema 48.4   McSally 49.3      
(34%)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #654 on: November 07, 2018, 06:44:08 am »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060022696703070208
My pleasure Mr. President.

It was damn amazing for a first term Midterm. All the boutique races the Rats funneled money into failed. FL, Beto, Stacey Abrams. All losers. We gained a bunch of seats in the Senate. We kept losses down in the House. Trump flipped the script on this being a total disaster. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #656 on: November 07, 2018, 06:45:15 am »
It was damn amazing for a first term Midterm. All the boutique races the Rats funneled money into failed. FL, Beto, Stacey Abrams. All losers. We gained a bunch of seats in the Senate. We kept losses down in the House. Trump flipped the script on this being a total disaster.

Now the Rats have to "put up or shut up",  ok go ahead and try to impeach Trump....Go Ahead, Make My Day!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #657 on: November 07, 2018, 06:49:57 am »
I had a bad feel8ng that my 8th was going to flip to blue this election. But tight now I'm more upset by I-1639 The new gun laws passing and by a large margin. Are people really that stupid?

I know, and yes they are that stupid.  The news is saying this is the strictest in the country.

BTW - Now I really am going to bed.  Nothing exciting in Washington state.  At least one good thing no new tax.  I am so glad they defeated the soda food tax.  I was in line the other day at the store and these people were using their Washington welfare card to pay for a bunch of junk.  The cart was full of soda pop, ice cream, cookies and frozen potato cheddar bakes.  How stupid is that?  Washington State seems to have no concern about the welfare used for sugary drinks.   They pretend like they are concerned with people's health???   Well if they are so concerned about health they should regulate what people can buy with welfare.

I just wanted to say it is nice to hear from you @NavyCanDo .
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #658 on: November 07, 2018, 06:51:10 am »

I think it is fantastic we are both so satisfied @Frank Cannon

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/06/hof-posthumously-elected-state-assembly-seat/1909189002/

Voters in Pahrump on Tuesday appeared likely to pick Republican Dennis Hof, the legal pimp who died last month to serve in state Assembly District 36.  :patriot:

Best elections ever!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:52:20 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #659 on: November 07, 2018, 06:54:47 am »
I think it is fantastic we are both so satisfied @Frank Cannon

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/06/hof-posthumously-elected-state-assembly-seat/1909189002/

Voters in Pahrump on Tuesday appeared likely to pick Republican Dennis Hof, the legal pimp who died last month to serve in state Assembly District 36.  :patriot:

Best elections ever!

Rather have a solid business man who employed lots of people being celebrated in death than a back stabbing piece of garbage like McCain who squandered taxpayers resources on a funeral that most people have forgotten already.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #660 on: November 07, 2018, 06:55:16 am »
@DB and @Frank Cannon 
This is an issue that crosses all economic boundaries...should not have been so except for extremely deceptive adverts and expected State AG BS wording on the ballot...just saying.  Not a native and CA will NOT be any consideration in future retirement prospects.  TYVM.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #661 on: November 07, 2018, 06:56:54 am »
Trends are definitely favoring Rosendale over Tester in MT.  He now has the lead.  We win this one and GOP goes +5 in the Senate. (assuming McSally lead holds)  :beer:

Montana
Tester 48.1   Rosendale 49.0      
(57%)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:58:33 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #662 on: November 07, 2018, 06:57:57 am »
Rather have a solid business man who employed lots of people being celebrated in death than a back stabbing piece of garbage like McCain who squandered taxpayers resources on a funeral that most people have forgotten already.

https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/1059610313128112128

Comfortably Smug @ComfortablySmug

On the bright side, after tomorrow, all Americans will come together, set aside our differences and begin to heal this divided nation.
4:55 PM - 5 Nov 2018

BassWrangler

« Reply #663 on: November 07, 2018, 07:02:02 am »
Ugh, big anti-gun initiative passed out here (Washington State).

Online DB

« Reply #664 on: November 07, 2018, 07:06:20 am »
@DB and @Frank Cannon 
This is an issue that crosses all economic boundaries...should not have been so except for extremely deceptive adverts and expected State AG BS wording on the ballot...just saying.  Not a native and CA will NOT be any consideration in future retirement prospects.  TYVM.

Nearly all the bond measures passed by a state already deeply in debt...

And they passed a prop that dictates how much space each farm animal has to have... People who know nothing about farming are dictating how other people have to run their farms/ranches... The oversight and regulation are going to be nightmare for small farms/ranches. F'ing brilliant... The state deserves its future. They've earned it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34:10 am »
Looks like Walker loses but it may be contested. WaPo declares Evers the winner.

Online DB

« Reply #666 on: November 07, 2018, 07:45:30 am »
McSally's lead is increasing with 57% of the precincts counted (49.5% to 48.24%). Still very close.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #667 on: November 07, 2018, 07:45:45 am »
Wish I could, I am my 87 year old Mother's primary caretaker, but even when she passes I will not be able to leave. Both of my children live here and my wife will never leave the grand kids, I really don't want o leave them either so I'm hosed.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #668 on: November 07, 2018, 07:53:01 am »
Nearly all the bond measures passed by a state already deeply in debt...

And they passed a prop that dictates how much space each farm animal has to have... People who know nothing about farming are dictating how other people have to run their farms/ranches... The oversight and regulation are going to be nightmare for small farms/ranches. F'ing brilliant... The state deserves its future. They've earned it.
Well after their success with poultry, what could anyone expect. And then all the morons that voted for it cried bout how expensive eggs had become 

Online DB

« Reply #669 on: November 07, 2018, 07:55:20 am »
Wish I could, I am my 87 year old Mother's primary caretaker, but even when she passes I will not be able to leave. Both of my children live here and my wife will never leave the grand kids, I really don't want o leave them either so I'm hosed.

My mother is 82. We took her with us. My kids also moved out. When the tech bubble bursts again California is going to have no one to pay the bills.

Online DB

« Reply #670 on: November 07, 2018, 08:33:57 am »
McSally is holding with about 1.4% lead with 87% of the precincts counted.

Online DB

« Reply #671 on: November 07, 2018, 09:51:52 am »
McSally is down to a 0.86% lead with 98% of the precincts counted. It looks very likely she's won.

Online libertybele

« Reply #672 on: November 07, 2018, 10:53:01 am »
Florida Senate race is too close to call.  Under FL law recount mandatory.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/39434427/floridas-us-senate-race-is-too-close-to-call

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #673 on: November 07, 2018, 11:05:29 am »
Well, at least the local referendum I voted against lost.  Otherwise, my property taxes would have been increased to fund a bunch of programs "for the children."  Or at least, that was the stated intent.  But there was no provision for oversight or accountability.  Had the measure passed, you know the money raised would have gone into someone's pocket and the "only a slight increase" would have grown much larger.

Just so tired of paying to raise other people's kids. 

Anyway, I can celebrate one small victory.  Congratulations to those of you whose candidates won. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #674 on: November 07, 2018, 11:50:59 am »
Btw, it’s official. NJ Congress is all blue with only Chris Smith being our only Republican Congressman. We lost three seats. Or four, I just woke up and heard.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️