Author Topic: 2018 General Election Live Thread  (Read 31216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: 2018 General Election Live Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2018, 11:52:06 pm »
Coming up on 7pm east coast time so some polls will be closing...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2018, 11:58:21 pm »
Texas judge orders some polling locations to stay open due to long lines
A judge in Harris County, Texas, ordered nine polling locations to stay open an extra hour to accommodate long lines. The locations will have to stay open until 8 p.m. local time, according to the court order.
I think this is SOP in Harris County but I could be wrong @Victoria33 would know for sure.
@corbe

Sounds like the judge doesn't know Texas Election Law.  The law is, at the official closing time, the election judge goes to the end of the line and those people can vote even if the line is out the door.  They are brought inside if possible, but the last one in line at closing time, is the last person who can vote.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2018, 12:04:38 am »
@corbe

Sounds like the judge doesn't know Texas Election Law.  The law is, at the official closing time, the election judge goes to the end of the line and those people can vote even if the line is out the door.  They are brought inside if possible, but the last one in line at closing time, is the last person who can vote.

I think that's the rule pretty much everywhere, yet Judges rule on this crap somewhere in the country every election.  I think St. Louis ends up having polling places help open until 10PM every election.  This isn't to help out people stuck in line, it's to help voters who are too damned lazy to get out of bed before 5PM. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2018, 12:06:06 am »
@corbe

...or sounds like the judge is a liberal
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2018, 12:08:14 am »
FOX is declaring DEM Sen. Kaine and Bernie Sanders win their seats.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2018, 12:09:10 am »
@corbe

That was my thought too, @Victoria33.  Makes you wonder which polling places they are.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:09:48 am by Sanguine »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2018, 12:10:43 am »
R - McMaster (governor) declared winner in SC.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2018, 12:12:20 am »
FL polls were supposed to close @ 7:00 EST.  I'm a nervous wreck.   :patriot:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2018, 12:16:59 am »
FL polls were supposed to close @ 7:00 EST.  I'm a nervous wreck.   :patriot:

Panhandle is an hour behind though.

Offline corbe

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2018, 12:18:47 am »
   Panhandle is a lot of X Military and very Conservative, am I correct @RoosGirl
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2018, 12:21:51 am »
1% of precincts reporting in FL -- DeSantis ahead 1 percentage point -- Scott ahead 2 percentage points. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2018, 12:22:37 am »
   Panhandle is a lot of X Military and very Conservative, am I correct @RoosGirl

That's right, with the exception of the Tallahassee/FSU area.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2018, 12:25:45 am »
That's right, with the exception of the Tallahassee/FSU area.

Home of Mayor Dipschit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2018, 12:33:42 am »
Now 2% precincts polling:

GOVERNOR FLORIDA
2% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
    RON DESANTIS (R)   755,835   52%
    ANDREW GILLUM (D)   674,127   46%

DARCY RICHARDSON (N)   10,718   1%
    KYLE GIBSON (N)   4,888   0%
    RYAN FOLEY (N)   2,927   0%
    BRUCE STANLEY (N)   2,590   0%
U.S. SENATE FLORIDA
2% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
    RICK SCOTT (R)   842,989   53%
    BILL NELSON (D / Inc.)   761,488   47%

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2018, 12:34:41 am »
I think that's the rule pretty much everywhere, yet Judges rule on this crap somewhere in the country every election.  I think St. Louis ends up having polling places help open until 10PM every election.  This isn't to help out people stuck in line, it's to help voters who are too damned lazy to get out of bed before 5PM.
@corbe
@Cyber Liberty

Forgot to say those extra votes will be taken out after the judge's order is receded.  A "regular" judge cannot run an election according to what he/she wants it to be; these judges are not connected to running an election.  This judge we are speaking of is a judge outside of an election.  There is an "election judge" at this polling precinct who knows the line is stopped when the time has run out to vote.  The Secretary of State will likely be the one to tell the county to remove these votes.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2018, 12:35:51 am »
Braun to be crushing Donnelly in the Indiana Senate race.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2018, 12:38:04 am »
Watching the results so far, looks like Republicans are beating Democrats. Good. Unless the Dems numbers go up a lot, they aren't winning.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:40:09 am by Victoria33 »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2018, 12:42:14 am »
Uh oh, Gillium  and Nelson up in FL

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2018, 12:44:50 am »
@GrouchoTex

I saw Gillium was behind, then suddenly he was ahead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:29 am »

Polls not yet closed in the heavily republican panhandle yet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:52 am »
The Redneck Country Club is holding a watch party.
I am thinking about going over there.
Cruz had a rally there yesterday, but I couldn't make that.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 12:49:00 am »
@GrouchoTex

I saw Gillium was behind, then suddenly he was ahead.

I'm guessing that the only way the race can switch that fast is when the big city votes start coming in--which is where the Dems are usually strong.  I suspect that the lead will swing again.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2018, 12:50:24 am »
NBC is reporting that white women will be voting FOR DEM because of Kavanaugh, voting DEM for gun control and voting DEM because of GOP failed healthcare policies.  Yikes!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2018, 12:51:15 am »
I'm guessing that the only way the race can switch that fast is when the big city votes start coming in--which is where the Dems are usually strong.  I suspect that the lead will swing again.
I'd think so

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2018, 12:52:20 am »
NBC is reporting that white women will be voting FOR DEM because of Kavanaugh, voting DEM for gun control and voting DEM because of GOP failed healthcare policies.  Yikes!

Yeah I forgot Kav is a rapist....never vote early..within the last several days 2 women have recanted...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34