Author Topic: Robber fast. Clerk faster.  (Read 1487 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Robber fast. Clerk faster.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 12:13:37 pm »
I think you'd be alright in that case. You'd have eye witnesses and a camera to back up your story. The dude isn't fleeing he is holding people up, and you had an opportunity to save lives by shooting him from behind. No way you go to prison for that.
The person shooting the bad guy in the back must be certain the guy was a danger to someone at the time. If he's fleeing, he's not. It's a snap judgment, but a very critical one.

This point is relevant to me because in my church, I'll be the member of the security team in the choir loft at the rear of the sanctuary. If a guy comes in a starts shooting, chances are he'll be standing in the center aisle, almost directly below me, looking toward the front of the sanctuary. If he's shooting, or waving a gun around threatening to shoot, it would be justifiable for me to get him in the back, if I am to save others' lives. I just have to get those sopranos out of my way first!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 01:15:15 pm »
I bet they'll try, if it's CA or HI.

Not likely any of us would be able to get a carry permit in CA or HI.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 01:38:16 pm »
Not likely any of us would be able to get a carry permit in CA or HI.

That's about the size of it.  My Bro lives in HI, and he is sooo jealous of me in AZ.  He can't get a permit to carry, and I don't need one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 02:59:14 pm »
Seriously, I've always wondered whether I could take action if I were a customer in a store or bank when a would-be robber came in.

Me, too. However, we are likely to be more situationally aware than the average snowflake.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.