Author Topic: Obama lie? Help me remember.  (Read 1655 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Obama lie? Help me remember.
« on: November 04, 2018, 09:50:32 pm »
I need to tap into the collective knowledge of this informed TBR group. Everyone focuses so much on Obama's lies about keeping our doctors and our plan, I'm having a hard time remembering if he lied about how the bill would be presented to the public once it was crafted. Didn't he say something about putting the bill online and allowing sufficient time for the electorate to read it before passage? Did I just dream this? I can't find it, but I could be using the wrong search terms.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Applewood

Re: Obama lie? Help me remember.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 10:53:11 pm »
As far as I can tell, both parties talked about a rule requiring  bills to be posted online before a vote, but it wasn't done till after the Republicans took over the House-- 2011 I think. I can't find a specific date when it was passed. 

In any event, Obamacare was rushed through and not even our representatives read the dang thing.  Remember Pelosi said we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:09:23 pm »
He certainly didn't mention that a bleep website was going to cost billions of dollars to maintain.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 12:12:51 am »
Sorry, I can't reply to this.  I really don't want to remember the specific of Bammy's reign of terror.  Eight grueling long years of watching him destroy this country is all I care to remember.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 01:20:17 am »
"There wasn't a smidgen of scandal at the IRS.  Not one smidgen."

And all the criminal malfeasance that came before that one, at the IRS and with Lois Lerner.  How many invocations of the 5th Amendment (after waiving that right) make up one smidgen of a scandal?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 01:31:42 am »
He certainly didn't mention that a bleep website was going to cost billions of dollars to maintain.

But he certainly did promise if you like your plan, you can keep your plan and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

And Zero also did promise the cost would go down @Dexter

Remember?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 01:32:26 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Please see this link.  Apparently, posting bills online was not a rule, but was part of Republicans' "Pledge to America" in 2010.  And like all their other promises, this one was broken:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/2364-house-republicans-break-promise-to-post-bills-online-three-days-before-vote

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 01:32:31 am »
Sorry, I can't reply to this.  I really don't want to remember the specific of Bammy's reign of terror.  Eight grueling long years of watching him destroy this country is all I care to remember.

:thumbsup:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 01:36:29 am »
But he certainly did promise if you like your plan, you can keep your plan and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

Remember?

And it engendered that lovely meme: "No, we don't want the Change. We want our money back."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Dexter

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 01:42:30 am »

Remember?

Obama certainly fell flat. I never voted for him but I tried to be as optimistic as possible.
-Socrates

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 01:51:03 am »
What 0bama meant to say was "if I like your plan, you can keep your plan"...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:04 am »
Obama certainly fell flat. I never voted for him but I tried to be as optimistic as possible.

Fell flat?  Zero accomplished everything he set out to accomplish.  Fundamental change did come to America.

What did you have to be optimistic about?  @Dexter

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:00:17 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 02:20:59 am »
What did you have to be optimistic about?  @Dexter

I was 19 when Obama got elected. I guess I was hoping that maybe he wouldn't be just one more soulless bleep in a nice suit.
-Socrates

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 02:24:39 am »
I was 19 when Obama got elected. I guess I was hoping that maybe he wouldn't be just one more soulless bleep in a nice suit.

How'd you feel at 26 @Dexter ?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 02:33:15 am »
How'd you feel at 26 @Dexter ?

Boy Howdy, I can't wait for this answer....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 02:33:35 am »
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 02:34:23 am »
Disillusioned.

But where you disillusioned enough to vote for the other guy?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 02:58:37 am »
But where you disillusioned enough to vote for the other guy?

No, I did nothing to stop Obama either. Neither of the two main parties impress me much.
-Socrates

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 03:42:09 am »
No, I did nothing to stop Obama either. Neither of the two main parties impress me much.

GOP: They ain't perfect, but the other team is insane.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:35 am »
I'd say Obama only lied when his lips were moving, but he has a pen and a phone, too.

His identity politics efforts have done more to set race relations back in America 60 years than all the other race pimps combined.

The ACA eliminated our health insurance, the exchanges in ND are so bloody expensive they are out. We do without.

His efforts to derail the energy industry were only thwarted by the Bakken mineral rights being predominantly in private hands, and not under government land. That didn't stop his administration from making the movement of that produced oil ( a million barrels a day) as difficult as possible.

We got no free phones, no free health care, he didn't fill our gas tank, or pay our bills, but that rat made it harder for us to provide for ourselves. Not to mention the typical anti-gun stuff (mostly propaganda, because the Dems know better than try that crap.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 08:39:35 am »
I thought that came from Congress.  I couldn't find a respectable source, but it looks like SPT forgot to scrub this...

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has promised 72 hours — three days — for a final bill to be available online before a vote. Centrist Democratic senators have asked Majority Leader Harry Reid for guarantees of 72 hours for bills in the Senate. "

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/oct/07/speed-reading-health-care-reform-bill/
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 11:34:25 am »
I thought that came from Congress.  I couldn't find a respectable source, but it looks like SPT forgot to scrub this...

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has promised 72 hours — three days — for a final bill to be available online before a vote. Centrist Democratic senators have asked Majority Leader Harry Reid for guarantees of 72 hours for bills in the Senate. "

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/oct/07/speed-reading-health-care-reform-bill/
"You have to pass it to find out what is in it."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 03:51:04 pm »
"You have to pass it to find out what is in it."

"We had to rely on the stupidity of the American People."  Gruber.
I will NOT comply.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 02:24:32 am »
Thanks for the input, y'all. My BFF and I are trying to help someone see the light, so we're looking for things to help us convert her.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 10:19:32 am »
Thanks for the input, y'all. My BFF and I are trying to help someone see the light, so we're looking for things to help us convert her.

If you want to get through to liberals you have to argue within their frame. The left wants to let millions of poor people into the U.S every year while also wanting to create expensive safety nets to help the poor that live here. Those two ideas are completely incompatible for reasons so obvious even a liberal can understand. Try to start there. Don't bad mouth the safety nets. Explain that those ideas are impossible for cost reasons when you keep adding more poor people to the equation. These things can't work if you have too many people that are a net loss to the cost of the programs.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:24:13 am by Dexter »
-Socrates