Author Topic: MASSIVE nationwide meat and poultry recalls for Salmonella poisoning issued by CDC, FDA, HHS, and U  (Read 611 times)

rangerrebew

MASSIVE nationwide meat and poultry recalls for Salmonella poisoning issued by CDC, FDA, HHS, and USDA during final days of October, 2018

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 by: S.D. Wells   

(Natural News) In a joint U.S. regulatory agency recall effort, up to 6.5 million pounds of beef are being yanked after Salmonella infects 120 people nationwide and hospitalizes at least 33. The multi-state outbreak was announced on October 23rd, but not soon enough. Consumers, be on the lookout for beef products carrying the establishment number EST. 267 inside the USDA label. You can return the infected carcass to the store you bought it from.

Who produced the nightmare? An Arizona-based company called JBS Tolleson, Inc. is reportedly responsible. Brand names carrying the contaminant can differ, but were all packaged by Tolleson (according to epidemiologic and trace-back evidence) from late July to early September, then shipped to certain retailers across the USA. This tainted beef may have reached restaurants also, so you may even be contacted by certain retailers with this information. There is a hotline number to call if you have questions – contact the JBS USA consumer hotline at 800-727-2333.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-10-31-massive-nationwide-meat-and-poultry-recalls-for-salmonella-poisoning.html

Silver Pines

Just cook it.

Offline RoosGirl

Just cook it.

I think a lot of the problem is that people don't wash their hands properly.  I read an article a ways back about women getting UTIs from contaminated chicken; the punchline was that after preparing the raw chicken they weren't washing their hands well and then using the facilities.   :2barf:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just cook it.

Doesn't necessarily help.  The problem is, while cooking kills the critters, it doesn't remove the toxins left behind in their "poop."  Sometimes enough remains to make you sick, most times it doesn't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

This is why when I do buy these products, it’s from a local farmer that processes one or two animals at a time.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

I think a lot of the problem is that people don't wash their hands properly.  I read an article a ways back about women getting UTIs from contaminated chicken; the punchline was that after preparing the raw chicken they weren't washing their hands well and then using the facilities.   :2barf:

@RoosGirl

Oh, good God. 

Well, if they didn't wash after handling raw chicken, you know they didn't do it after using the bathroom!

Silver Pines

Doesn't necessarily help.  The problem is, while cooking kills the critters, it doesn't remove the toxins left behind in their "poop."  Sometimes enough remains to make you sick, most times it doesn't.

@Cyber Liberty

Pretty sure it does, CL.  Salmonella toxin can come from poop, but if you cook it to the right temperature, it kills the toxins.  Same with e-coli.

I always operate with the assumption that the meat I cook is contaminated.  No cross-contamination, disinfection of counter, sink, and anything else I touch, and I wash my hands twice.

Yes, I'm somewhat germphobic and damned happy to be.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Pretty sure it does, CL.  Salmonella toxin can come from poop, but if you cook it to the right temperature, it kills the toxins.  Same with e-coli.

I always operate with the assumption that the meat I cook is contaminated.  No cross-contamination, disinfection of counter, sink, and anything else I touch, and I wash my hands twice.

Yes, I'm somewhat germphobic and damned happy to be.

I don't honestly know if Salmonella toxins can be cooked off, but I'm with you about handling food hygienically. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

I don't honestly know if Salmonella toxins can be cooked off, but I'm with you about handling food hygienically.

@Cyber Liberty

They are.    Any food safety or health source online will confirm it.