Author Topic: 3 GIRL SCOUTS, 1 ADULT KILLED IN WISCONSIN HIT-AND-RUN CRASH WHILE PICKING UP TRASH ALONG ROAD  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Don't jump to conclusions not in evidence. Nowhere did I suggest your post violated my or anyone else's "safe space". Nor did I suggest you shouldn't post it. It is a larger issue of the human condition and our ability to cope with an overload of tragic news planet wide and what it does to our outlook/hope of the future and in humanity. It has real consequences and I'm not suggesting I have the answers. It is simply that we were not made to deal with this much negative information, something few had to deal with even just 50 years ago.

:thumbsup:

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Next, maybe we can make mass shootings a banned topic as well. That is probably even worse than talking about a car accident. Maybe next, we can exclude terrorist attacks as well. Only talk on political issues, no conversations about immigration either. Many people have died in trying to come to the US along with those cases where illegals kill Americans. Banned conversation.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline TomSea

Don't jump to conclusions not in evidence. Nowhere did I suggest your post violated my or anyone else's "safe space". Nor did I suggest you shouldn't post it. It is a larger issue of the human condition and our ability to cope with an overload of tragic news planet wide and what it does to our outlook/hope of the future and in humanity. It has real consequences and I'm not suggesting I have the answers. It is simply that we were not made to deal with this much negative information, something few had to deal with even just 50 years ago.

It is simply that we were not made to deal with this much negative information, something few had to deal with even just 50 years ago.

There's no proof of this at all. It's the news. Big Thumbs Up. Oh, dear. Why are people not whining about this with school shootings or terrorist attacks. Oh, it's negative information. Oh, dear.

I look forward to seeing @DB and @Dexter actually post stories that past muster. I'm not sure what one is doing in a discussion forum. Let's see some postings so we can slap each other on the shoulder and say good job.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:41:01 am by TomSea »

Offline DB

Next, maybe we can make mass shootings a banned topic as well. That is probably even worse than talking about a car accident. Maybe next, we can exclude terrorist attacks as well. Only talk on political issues, no conversations about immigration either. Many people have died in trying to come to the US along with those cases where illegals kill Americans. Banned conversation.  *****rollingeyes*****

Tom, you have a binary brain. It is all one thing or all something else. Neither of which was stated. It is why I rarely respond to you. You are incapable of rational discussion.

Offline TomSea

I move this thread be removed since @DB and @Dexter seem to have a disrespect to the passing of these poor souls in Wisconsin and don't think it should be reported.  Unbelievable.  Let's be ignorant of the news.  That's being sensitve, or should I say insensitive. Pretty sickening really.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:53:46 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Personal Attack Removed

Moderator, I think @DB 's personal attack should be removed. This is a direct ad hominem attack. Believe me buddy, I don't get anything out of your posts either but you are showing a lot of disrespect for this forum. 

Offline DB

Moderator, I think @DB 's personal attack should be removed. This is a direct ad hominem attack. Believe me buddy, I don't get anything out of your posts either but you are showing a lot of disrespect for this forum.

What do you call what your doing Tom? Pot meet kettle.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I move this thread be removed since @DB and @Dexter seem to have a disrespect to the passing of these poor souls in Wisconsin and don't think it should be reported. @Sanguine too. Unbelievable.  Let's be ignorant of the news.  That's being sensitve, or should I say insensitive. Pretty sickening really.

@TomSea, what on earth are you talking about?  I said "terrible story" and you say I'm being insensitive?  That's disgusting of you.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:51:45 am by Sanguine »

Offline DB

@TomSea, what on earth are you talking about?  I said "terrible story" and you say I'm being insensitive?  That's disgusting of you.

I didn't say what he claims either. But that's how he operates.

Offline TomSea

Sorry @Sanguine  , you did call that post a good post on page 1 about mental health. With all of the 'good posts" and thumbsup, I think this is despicable treatment of the victims of this accident.

How, now, it's all about me.... the way I see the news, and the news media is telling us this. Woe is me.

Offline Dexter

Tom I don't think anybody meant to step on your toes or undermine the significance of this tragedy.
-Socrates

Offline DB

Tom I don't think anybody meant to step on your toes or undermine the significance of this tragedy.

Tom has a history here.

Offline Frank Cannon

I side with the folks who are tired of these local tragedies being pimped my the MSM to boost ratings. This is why the country has high rates of depression, suicide, drug use and all the other things that follow being deluged with non stop depressing stories. This is a local matter that should have stayed a local matter. I got my own problems in my section of the world. I don't need to hear about every damn tragedy in others.

Offline TomSea

I guarantee you, when I heard about the Pittsburgh attack, the Pulse nightclub, the high school shooting in Florida, I'm not thinking, "this is too much negative news, it's bad for my mental health", that's pretty selfish.

Also, I read the other day, despite all, man's condition is getting better, maybe it looks bad because we get the news. Are we suppose to opt out of it? Then, don't discuss it but one shouldn't be critical of those who might find some interest in these things.

Offline Frank Cannon

I guarantee you, when I heard about the Pittsburgh attack, the Pulse nightclub, the high school shooting in Florida, I'm not thinking, "this is too much negative news, it's bad for my mental health", that's pretty selfish.

Also, I read the other day, despite all, man's condition is getting better, maybe it looks bad because we get the news. Are we suppose to opt out of it? Then, don't discuss it but one shouldn't be critical of those who might find some interest in these things.

Tommy. You gave yourself a thumbs up for your own post? That's a new level of absurdity that I have never seen before. Do you mind if I steal that nonsense?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@TomSea, I think I now understand what you are meaning, but we can hold two thoughts at the same time.  As in, this is horrible, but also we are constantly inundated by bad news, and that is not good for us. 

Offline Dexter

that's pretty selfish.

It is NOT selfish of a person to not want to sacrifice their peace of mind over tragedy they have no control over. We all have one life to live; one life to experience as much love and happiness as we possibly can. It's okay to recognize what is out of your control and let go of it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:16:46 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Tommy. You gave yourself a thumbs up for your own post? That's a new level of absurdity that I have never seen before. Do you mind if I steal that nonsense?

You are such a troublemaker Frank.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:19:49 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

Violent crime down, murder rate down, dwi accidents, down. They don't go down because people can not discuss them believe me. Actions are taken, people are more aware, laws are made. If one gets busted for DWI around here, I'm not sure about the first offense but I've been told it can easily cost around $20,000 all costs added up.

Thus, demonstrating that the news is getting worse, may actually be false.

There in the early '90s was the crack cocaine epidemic... oh, and Chicago, don't mention them. Off-limits. News is getting worse.

Offline Frank Cannon

Violent crime down, murder rate down, dwi accidents, down. They don't go down because people can not discuss them believe me. Actions are taken, people are more aware, laws are made. If one gets busted for DWI around here, I'm not sure about the first offense but I've been told it can easily cost around $20,000 all costs added up.

Thus, demonstrating that the news is getting worse, may actually be false.

There in the early '90s was the crack cocaine epidemic... oh, and Chicago, don't mention them. Off-limits. News is getting worse.

Then why in the hell aren't you posting upbeat stories. You know today in Dodge City Iowa a Lab puppy chased and caught it's tale.

Offline DB

Care to point to where anyone was critical of another person wanting to discuss this short of you? And in fact we were discussing it before you decided you were offended by our discussion.

Offline RoosGirl

This thread has gone full retard, without even one mention of a hot dog.  Well, okay...now there's one.

Offline Frank Cannon

This thread has gone full retard, without even one mention of a hot dog.  Well, okay...now there's one.

Offline Dexter

Aren't hotdogs also referred to as Franks? Somebody call Alex Jones.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:05:07 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

Respectfully, it looks like at least some Trump-haters got in some slights in this thread. That's really what this is about, imho. Just like ignoring that soldier in the past while the Texan was remembered as a "good guy", the one who gave his life did not even merit being mentioned. Play your little games with others. You've shown your true colirs. Now, I said some not all are Trump-hating types.