Author Topic: Venona Project: What My Father Didn’t Know  (Read 526 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Venona Project: What My Father Didn’t Know
« on: November 04, 2018, 02:09:45 am »
What My Father Didn’t Know
Alan Caruba

My father was a subscriber to I.F. Stone’s famed newsletter in the 1950s and 60s. Stone was a highly regarded “independent” journalist and his newsletter was always exposing things about Sen. Joseph McCarthy and others who warned against Communist spies and agents of influence. The problem was that I.F. Stone was a Soviet agent of influence, financed by the Kremlin. My Father didn’t know that and probably wouldn’t have believed it.

He wouldn’t have believed that Alger Hiss, a highly placed State Department officer and the first, interim Secretary General of the United Nations, was also a Soviet agent, or that Harry Hopkins, one of Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s top advisors, was also an agent. He probably believed the Rosenbergs who helped the Soviets get our A-bomb secrets weren’t guilty, but they were. J. Robert Oppenheimer, who directed the Manhattan Project that developed the A-bomb, gave aid and assistance to the Soviet Union, but he was so revered after the end of the war the government merely took away his security clearance. 

The fact is Joe McCarthy was right, but by now his name has been turned into a dirty word by the same liberal, leftist propaganda machine that today is trying to convince Americans the President “lied” to them about Iraq. They had to wait until after the FBI’s first director, J. Edgar Hoover, was dead before they dared to slander his reputation.

How do we know this? The answer is “Venona,” the name given to a top secret program to break Soviet codes and read intercepted communications between Moscow and its intelligence stations in the West. The program began in February 1943, and was run by the US Army’s Signal Intelligence Service, the forerunner of the National Security Agency. The cables that a small cadre of very young deciphers worked on were initially dispatched between 1940 and 1948, but the effort continued apace from 1947 through 1952, and continued to crack the cable codes right up to 1980.

Read more at:  http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article2539.html