Author Topic: ‘Morning Joe’: Trump Rallies ‘Not Working’ for GOP — ‘This Strategy Is Failing’  (Read 4636 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The reception the President received in Columbia, Missouri almost overwhelmed him ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlv_74rmHbw

! No longer available

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:33:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

Great!  But the question is, will these  throngs vote Republican on Tuesday?  I'm just not sure such enthusiasm for Trump will translate into votes for the Republicans.  As I said above,  we will find out on Tuesday.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:14:15 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I anything but a Trump fan.  What is going on in this country drives me to vote Republican.  (Early in case something happened on the 6th to keep me away.)  I do find encouragement in the numbers at those rallies.  Does that make sense?

It makes total sense @ConstitutionRose and I think a lot of people who aren't that crazy about Trump will vote as you are planning to do.  The democrat party has taken the mask off and people are beginning to see what they really are and most people don't want that.

It will be interesting to see what Trump can accomplish if he actually gets a slightly bigger majority in the Senate and retains the House.  I have high hopes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

@Right_in_Virginia

Great!  But the question is, will these  throngs vote Republican on Tuesday? 

This is the same question the naysayers asked in 2016.  How'd that turn out?

Offline Applewood

This is the same question the naysayers asked in 2016.  How'd that turn out?

This isn't 2016.  A lot of promises were made two years ago and they were not kept.  Will voters blame the Republicans, Trump, the Democrats or all of them?  Or maybe they will blame no one.  Tuesday will tell us.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Well not only the Senate has been saved from losses but it looks like there will be some gains and the House went from total disaster to coin toss. The base is pumped when they were otherwise flat. Just look at the miles of cars at one of these rallies.

BTW Joe I hope you die of painful cancer and burn in hell for murdering your intern and paying off FL officials to skate on it.

@Frank Cannon
Why do you think he murdered the intern?  Just asking because when I looked it up, I found that the coroner (who was a crook, by the way) said she died of heart failure.  The only suspicious thing was the head wound, purportedly caused by her fainting and striking her head on the desk.  Did she have a relationship with Joe and was there some reason to be suspicious of him?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 07:56:32 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Macon, Georgia this afternoon with Kemp and Congressional candidates ...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:38:19 pm by MOD3 »

Estimates are between 18-20K in Georgia including overflow areas:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:38:39 pm by MOD3 »

Offline libertybele

Estimates are between 18-20K in Georgia including overflow areas:

Quite amazing don't you think that for a strategy that's failing that he still draws tremendous crowds.  Larger crowds that any other politician that I can remember.

I've never watched Morning Joe.  Perhaps he needs to pick up on Trump's strategy. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Quite amazing don't you think that for a strategy that's failing that he still draws tremendous crowds.  Larger crowds that any other politician that I can remember.

I've never watched Morning Joe.  Perhaps he needs to pick up on Trump's strategy. :shrug:

I think Morning Joe misses that folks showed up in 2016 for candidate Trump .... now they're showing up for President Trump and those that support his agenda. 

It's pretty remarkable, IMHO.   happy77

@libertybele

Offline libertybele

I think Morning Joe misses that folks showed up in 2016 for candidate Trump .... now they're showing up for President Trump and those that support his agenda. 

It's pretty remarkable, IMHO.   happy77

@libertybele

I think it's twofold RIV; those that are showing up in masses to support Trump and those that support his agenda as well as those that just plain want to make sure that the DEMS are defeated; regardless.  Oh the irony.  The DEMS have been even more bombastic than Trump and certainly more underhanded and disingenuous. The media (ironically also) has reported the ugliness of the DEMS.  They've buried themselves in a hole and hopefully they're buried deep enough that they are unable to take either the House or Senate. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Morning Joe's gonna need smelling salts when he hears this:  Tomorrow night's rally in Cape Girardeau, MO will include not only Lee Greenwood singing "God Bless the USA" live and Shawn Hannity but also native son Rush Limbaugh.   happy77

I think it's twofold RIV; those that are showing up in masses to support Trump and those that support his agenda as well as those that just plain want to make sure that the DEMS are defeated; regardless. 

Agree @libertybele  888high58888

Let's roll!   :patriot:

POTUS holds three rallies tomorrow (Monday):  Cleveland, Ft Wayne and Cape Gerardeau

Here's an incredible clip from the rally tonight in Tennessee .... remember to turn up the volume.  This (finally) shows the view from the President's vantage point.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1059258034474704897

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:17:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Hey, Morning Joe ... in case you missed tonight in Tennessee :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bozeman, Montana yesterday:

@Right_in_Virginia

That photo is proof people don't support Trump. There must be at least 50 people in Bozeman that didn't show up
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mirraflake

That photo is proof people don't support Trump. There must be at least 50 people in Bozeman that didn't show up

The problem Pete is the high density populations are very liberal. I am very concerned about tomorrows results.
I am not 100% sure Republicans have this in the bag (house wise) .
Vote Red as if your life depends upon it.

Offline Applewood

@Once-Ler
Comment deleted.

Because he voted Republican in those elections?  Who did YOU vote for?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:39:28 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Scarborough knows he will either look like a fool or a sage.  He already has the fool part pretty well nailed down, so what does he have to lose?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The problem Pete is the high density populations are very liberal. I am very concerned about tomorrows results.
I am not 100% sure Republicans have this in the bag (house wise) .
Vote Red as if your life depends upon it.

It's true about the concentrations of leftist voters, but that is also their weakness.  They'll run away in their usual districts with >70% of the vote, but they are liable to have trouble in contested districts.  This accounts for the constant lead they enjoy in "generic polls" (that I don't trust anyway), and why Donald Trump got >300 EVs while Hillary won the popular vote.  All the Rat votes are concentrated in a few districts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

The question is, are they there for Trump or the candidate?  Huge attendance at an event featuring Trump may not necessarily translate into votes for the candidate. 

Ok, I'm weird, but if I was going to go to a rally billed as "in support of candidate Joe Shmo," I would want to know more about Joe Shmo.  What is he going to do if he is elected?  What are his qualifications?  Why should I vote for him? 

Seems to me these rallies are more about Trump and less about the candidate.  It's quite possible the two are not on the same wave length.  How well does Trump know the guy he's stumping for?  Could the candidate be another John Kasich, Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, etc. etc.? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The question is, are they there for Trump or the candidate?  Huge attendance at an event featuring Trump may not necessarily translate into votes for the candidate. 

Ok, I'm weird, but if I was going to go to a rally billed as "in support of candidate Joe Shmo," I would want to know more about Joe Shmo.  What is he going to do if he is elected?  What are his qualifications?  Why should I vote for him? 

Seems to me these rallies are more about Trump and less about the candidate.  It's quite possible the two are not on the same wave length.  How well does Trump know the guy he's stumping for?  Could the candidate be another John Kasich, Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, etc. etc.?

I think the point is Trump saying "I need you to elect this candidate to help me in Washington.  We can't have Pelosi/Schumer in charge."  So even if they don't like the specific candidate, their support for Trump should lead them to vote for that candidate anyway.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bullshit. These rallies excite the base. Get people excited to get out and vote.