Author Topic: Ben & Jerry’s responds to fierce backlash about Linda Sarsour and ‘Pecan Resist’ flavor  (Read 764 times)

rangerrebew

Ben & Jerry’s responds to fierce backlash about Linda Sarsour and ‘Pecan Resist’ flavor
November 3, 2018 | Vivek Saxena | Print Article

The internationally recognized ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s made it clear in a Twitter statement this week that it’s willing to tolerate antisemitism and misogyny in the name of resisting President Donald Trump’s otherwise successful presidency.

The informal statement was published three days after the ice cream manufacturer unveiled a new chocolate ice cream flavor Tuesday dubbed “Pecan Resist.”

“We can peacefully resist the Trump administration’s regressive and discriminatory policies and build a future that values inclusivity, equality, and justice for people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, refugees, and immigrants,” Ben & Jerry’s wrote in its initial announcement.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/11/03/ben-jerrys-responds-to-fierce-backlash-about-linda-sarsour-and-pecan-resist-flavor-690117

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
It's so bothersome that so many people attribute so much value to the opinions of random famous people. Think for yourself, jeez.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

“We can peacefully resist the Trump administration’s regressive and discriminatory policies and build a future that values inclusivity, equality, and justice for people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, refugees, and immigrants,” Ben & Jerry’s wrote in its initial announcement.
Dandy. And I will peacefully never buy any of your products.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The backlash is because it is a foreign-owned company clearly trying to influence directly elections in the U.S..  But because they're not Russian, most of the media ignores it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ben & Jerry’s responds to fierce backlash about Linda Sarsour and ‘Pecan Resist’ flavor

I boycotted Ben and Jerry's long ago after their far left tendencies were first outed.

Hope that business model that focuses on pissing off half of your potential customer base is working out for them. /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Darn, I can't boycott B&Js.  I haven't bought any of their stuff in years.

And, they probably say it "pee-can".    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

I've never bought their products in the grocery store. Even if they weren't leftist morons, I wouldn't pay that much for ice cream.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Darn, I can't boycott B&Js.  I haven't bought any of their stuff in years.

And, they probably say it "pee-can".    *****rollingeyes*****

You sure can boycott them even though you don't buy their shit ice cream. They are owned by Unilever.