Author Topic: A Heartbreaking VICE Story on How Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Idiots  (Read 537 times)

rangerrebew

A Heartbreaking VICE Story on How Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Idiots
Posted By Alex Griswold On November 2, 2018 @ 2:48 pm 

VICE News tweeted out quite the outrageous story yesterday. A man went to his polling station with a driver's license, birth certificate, student ID, proof of residency, everything. And he still wasn't allowed to vote.

I had my:
    • valid driver's license
    • student ID
    • voter registration card
    • a copy of my birth certificate
    • my lease

and that still wasn't enough. I couldn't vote. https://t.co/GOUQlFWlRe

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/blog/heartbreaking-vice-story-voter-id-laws-disenfranchise-idiots/

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: A Heartbreaking VICE Story on How Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Idiots
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:36:39 pm »
Regarding the controversy in general, have any of you ever met an even somewhat functional adult that doesn't have valid forms of identification? Should I really care that people that aren't functional enough to have an I.D aren't weighing in on decisions that affect my life?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:59:54 pm »
I read some of the original article.

This guy was CORRECTLY "turned away" at the voting station.

ALL states should be as strict as this!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 12:29:24 am »
I was curious, because I have had need to title two cars in Florida recently, what Tennessee law is for registering a car in the state.  If you buy a new or used car you have to pay state sales tax.  But this guy wasn't in that situation as far as I can tell.  He had a current car that would have been transferred from Georgia to Tennessee, so there would not be any sales tax to pay.  He would have to get an emissions test - $9.  He would need a new private passenger license plate and title - $95.  As best I can tell a new driver's license is $55 max and is good for 8 years.

Guess this couple is a good candidate for the Millenial Adulting Classes.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 02:33:55 am »
Wha-whaaa. The guy admits his paper is complicated because, even though he's married, he drives his Mommy's car and his wife is illegally registered to vote in another state.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 04:25:32 am »
I was curious, because I have had need to title two cars in Florida recently, what Tennessee law is for registering a car in the state.  If you buy a new or used car you have to pay state sales tax.  But this guy wasn't in that situation as far as I can tell.  He had a current car that would have been transferred from Georgia to Tennessee, so there would not be any sales tax to pay.  He would have to get an emissions test - $9.  He would need a new private passenger license plate and title - $95.  As best I can tell a new driver's license is $55 max and is good for 8 years.

Guess this couple is a good candidate for the Millenial Adulting Classes.   *****rollingeyes*****

When I moved to VA, I bought a new truck and paid VA state sales tax on it.  A few years later, when I moved to FL, and I had to pay FL state sales tax on the current value of that truck the first time I registered it.  Are they still doing that?

BTW, if that sounds bad, while I was in VA they charged you sales tax (or close to it, IIRC it was 5%) on the value of your vehicle.  Every year.  And it was due in October.  Great idea, pay a fat tax a few weeks before you vote.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 04:46:05 am »
When I moved to VA, I bought a new truck and paid VA state sales tax on it.  A few years later, when I moved to FL, and I had to pay FL state sales tax on the current value of that truck the first time I registered it.  Are they still doing that?

BTW, if that sounds bad, while I was in VA they charged you sales tax (or close to it, IIRC it was 5%) on the value of your vehicle.  Every year.  And it was due in October.  Great idea, pay a fat tax a few weeks before you vote.

There is a plate fee based on the weight of the vehicle, a flat rate registration fee and a flat fee for the title transfer.  Pretty sure that sales tax is not collected on cars that are just being transferred in from out of state because of new resident.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 04:52:09 am »
There is a plate fee based on the weight of the vehicle, a flat rate registration fee and a flat fee for the title transfer.  Pretty sure that sales tax is not collected on cars that are just being transferred in from out of state because of new resident.

You speak like an expert in the car trade. You know how to clean a salvage title out of New Mexico?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 04:55:12 am »
You speak like an expert in the car trade. You know how to clean a salvage title out of New Mexico?

No, but I've got a buddy who knows a guy.  I can get his name for you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 05:01:25 am »
No, but I've got a buddy who knows a guy.  I can get his name for you.

Last time I heard that shit I got some cut down coke.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 05:06:26 am »
Last time I heard that shit I got some cut down coke.

Sounds like you pal around with some real creeps.