Author Topic: Republicans fear Trump has conceded the House as he fights to keep GOP hold on Senate  (Read 233 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans fear Trump has conceded the House as he fights to keep GOP hold on Senate
by Robert Donachie
 | November 03, 2018 07:00 AM

As President Trump makes his way across the country to stump for Republican candidates in tight Senate races, Republican aides worry that the House of Representatives is being left behind.

In the final days before the midterm elections, Trump is traveling to West Virginia, Indiana, Montana, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Missouri to stump for Republican candidates he believes he can give a last-minute boost in the polls.

Focusing on Senate battles appears to be the most effective use of Trump's time, but his lack of attention to House races in the final days is causing some concern for GOP House staffers who are already preparing for the "blue wave" in the lower chamber.

"I would not write this off entirely as if there is zero chance [of keeping the House]. There is a path and that path is narrow," a GOP leadership aide told the Washington Examiner Friday from the campaign trail.

"I think if we hold it, it is by a small margin of something like 5 to 8 seats. The last few weeks our side got more energized and closer to the level that we have seen from Democrats all along. I do think that the events of the last week — the Pittsburgh shooting, mail bombs — has been tough for some. I think it is still closer than where we were a month ago."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/republicans-fear-trump-has-conceded-the-house-as-he-fights-to-keep-gop-hold-on-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34