Author Topic: Record turnout? Not for millennials — just a third say they'll vote.  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Suppressed

Do you care to back up this ridiculous claim?

You highlight a good point.  His agenda are apparently to get praise from adoring, unquestioning fans, and to avoid his campaign promises...  So he seems to be succeeding in these elements of his agenda, not "mired".

Those things in which he is "mired" are things he has ignored without proposing legislation to do what he's promised, such as term limits.  So I would say that such things aren't his agenda, if he can't even be bothered to submit proposed bills on what he's promised.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:05:02 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Whippersnappers! Back in my day we used to hike up hill both ways to vote. Carnstarnit!

In reality this could point to sampling bias in a lot of the polls.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/414098-young-and-new-voters-surge-in-early-voting
The number of voters between the ages of 18 and 29 who have cast ballots early has surpassed turnout levels from the last midterm election in just about every state, according to several sources tracking early vote totals.

In some states, especially those with hot races, the increase in turnout is staggering. In Texas, 332,000 voters under the age of 30 have cast ballots already, up nearly fivefold from the 2014 midterms. In Nevada, the 25,000 young voters who have cast a ballot is also five times higher than in the same period four years ago.

Georgia’s young voter turnout is four times higher than it was in 2014. In Arizona, three times as many younger voters are turning up.

more at link

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Frank Cannon

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/414098-young-and-new-voters-surge-in-early-voting
more at link

You know what's more at the link? You being outed as a DU clown. You make circus clowns look lazy.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 "We'll piss anywhere, man,"

It is now very clear that techniques of machine-human interfacing, pharmacology of the synthetic variety, all kinds of manipulative techniques, all kinds of data storage, imaging and retrieval techniques– all of this is coalescing toward the potential of a truly demonic or angelic kind of self-imaging of our culture... And the people who are on the demonic side are fully aware of this and hurrying full-tilt forward with their plans to capture everyone as a 100% believing consumer inside some kind of a beige furnished fascism that won't even raise a ripple.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

more at link

Hard to know what to make of that.

With early voting a relatively new thing in many places, and since younger voters are more likely to be voting for the first time, I'd expect a surge.  I'd also expect that a lot of older voters will continue to vote on election day, both because  that's how they've always done it and because they're retired and can vote during the work day so voting on election day is not such a big deal.  Younger voters may choose to vote early in case Mom's not around to bum Uber fare from on election night.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

You know what's more at the link? You being outed as a DU clown. You make circus clowns look lazy.
Empty your colostomy bag @Frank Cannon your full of it.

Offline Frank Cannon

Thank God the TBR troll is here to shuck and jive to entertain us all. I can think of no other reason for you putting the President in brown face than that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"You're".  Learn it.  Love it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Okay Dean Wormer.......   We get it.     When all else fails, whack 'em with a Grammar Infraction. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
your vs. you're : Choose Your Words : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/your-youre/

"You're a shining star" = "you are a shining star." You're is a contraction for "you are," and that apostrophe goes where the "a" fell out. When parents get mad, they say the whole thing: "You are not going anywhere, bud!"

@Once-Ler  wrote Empty your colostomy bag @Frank Cannon your full of it.

I can only have one response to yours , or maybe it was some sort of private joke only you are in on?

@Once-Ler  wrote Empty your colostomy bag @Frank Cannon your full of it.

I think I get it now.  I should have written ...
Empty your colostomy bag @Frank Cannon you're full of it.
That's a useful tip.  Thank you @GtHawk

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think I get it now.  I should have written ...
Empty your colostomy bag @Frank Cannon you're full of it.
That's a useful tip.  Thank you @GtHawk
@Once-Ler I get irritated with grammar nazis, after my son got his Masters in English he was a pain in the ass until even his friends got fed up, but when someone tries to incorrectly correct  a statement that was correct it makes my head spin. I could say "Can't we all just get along", but that would be bullshit and boring. And I really didn't have a dog in the fight, but I was bored and decided to stir the pot   

@Once-Ler I get irritated with grammar nazis, after my son got his Masters in English he was a pain in the ass until even his friends got fed up, but when someone tries to incorrectly correct  a statement that was correct it makes my head spin. I could say "Can't we all just get along", but that would be bullshit and boring. And I really didn't have a dog in the fight, but I was bored and decided to stir the pot   

Pot stirred. :beer:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I get irritated with grammar nazis, after my son got his Masters in English he was a pain in the ass until even his friends got fed up, but when someone tries to incorrectly correct  a statement that was correct it makes my head spin. I could say "Can't we all just get along", but that would be bullshit and boring. And I really didn't have a dog in the fight, but I was bored and decided to stir the pot   

"I get irritated with grammar nazis, after my son got his Masters in English he was a pain in the ass until even his friends got fed up..."

I'll let the lower case letter on a proper noun go because nazis don't deserve that consideration. An independent clause is a group of words that can stand as a complete sentence. It's improper to separate two of them with a comma; you need to use a semicolon.

"I could say "Can't we all just get along", but..."

That comma should be inside the quotation marks.

"And I really didn't have a dog in the fight..."

It used to be considered improper to start a sentence like that, but times have changed so you're in the clear.

B-

I'm just teasing.  :police:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:05:39 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates