Author Topic: Reporter Accuses Trump Of Encouraging Political Violence — Trump Flips The Script  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Reporter Accuses Trump Of Encouraging Political Violence — Trump Flips The Script
Daily Caller, Nov 2, 2018, Benny Johnson

President Trump had a blunt response for a reporter accusing him of motivating political violence with his speech.

There has been a rash of politically motivated terror in the past two weeks. A right-wing zealot has been arrested in coordination with mail bombs sent to prominent Democrats and media targets, and a Synagogue was attacked by an anti-Semite, killing 11 members of the congregation.

As Trump was leaving the White House Friday, a reporter yelled, “You’re encouraging politically motivated violence with the way you speak.”

Trump pointed at the reporter and shot back, “You’re creating violence by your question.”  The reporter gasped, “Me?” and Trump replied, “You are creating — you.”

The president continued, saying that violence is stoked up by “fake news.”

As he explained to the reporter: 
A lot of the reporters are creating violence by not writing the truth. The fake news is creating violence. You know what? The people that support Trump and the people that support us, which is a lot of people, most people, many people, those people know when a story is true and when a story is false. If the media would write correctly and write accurately and write fairly, you’d have a lot less violence in the country. 

Video at link:  https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/02/reporter-accuses-trump-political-violence/

Offline aligncare

The president is absolutely right. And as proof I’ll point to when and how the media/Trump hatefest started. It began on the day Trump announced and with the central issue he addressed, the social problems associated with the presence in America of millions of illegal immigrants. And with those remarks, the media began the big lie by omission, weaving his words into a narrative that reads “Donald Trump hates immigrants.”

Donald Trump, a man who happens to be married to an immigrant and was also previously married to an immigrant, and has no history of hating anyone except maybe incompetent politicians.

And here regarding the synagogue shootings, the reporter not so much asked as charged: you’re inciting violence against Jews! Asked of Donald Trump, whose son-in-law and grandchildren are Jewish and who’s oldest daughter converted to Judaism!

So, yes, the media foments violence with their hateful lies about Donald Trump. And now I’ll thank our resident NeverTrumpers to button it, and leave me be, I’m not in the mood to entertain “critics” of the president.

Oceander

I’ll give props to Mr. Trump for nailing it on a good comeback here. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Some of us need a dose of Trump's courage.  Tucker Carlson had a couple of interesting guests last night who were bemoaning how defensive we've all become. 

If someone accuses us of racism or any similar character flaw, we're all, oh, no, I have many friends who are (fill in the blank).  We should just throw it back at them, like 'why would you say such a stupid thing?'

I've learned something from Trump.  Now I just need to put it into practice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Hilarious.  Not very long ago, saying ‘no - you do’ would have been described here as childishness or Alinskyism.    *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hilarious.  Not very long ago, saying ‘no - you do’ would have been described here as childishness or Alinskyism.    *****rollingeyes*****

womp, womp, Ed.  It's way different from cringing at a false accusation and getting all defensive.

Surely you can see that.

Offline goodwithagun

The Gettysburg Address

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Ask not what your country can do for you . . .

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

I’m rubber and your glue.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The Gettysburg Address

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Ask not what your country can do for you . . .

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

I’m rubber and your glue.

And, snotty comebacks work better with correct spelling.

Offline aligncare

And not long ago the republicans were getting their butts kick in poll after poll about WMDs until the media attacks finally drove GW’s numbers into the twenties:  Ushering in Barack Obama and the Democrats.

Now, however, it’s good bye CNN and the New York Times – all because one man said enough and had the confidence and strength of character to not back down. Thank you, President Trump.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
And not long ago the republicans were getting their butts kick in poll after poll about WMDs until the media attacks finally drove GW’s numbers into the twenties:  Ushering in Barack Obama and the Democrats.

Now, however, it’s good bye CNN and the New York Times – all because one man said enough and had the confidence and strength of character to not back down. Thank you, President Trump.

Now, however, it’s good bye CNN

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I agree @aligncare   There was a time when I cringed at some of President Trump's use of language, but no more.  He has the attitude we need for the times we're in.  Comity is pretty much gone from democrats AND the press.  No one is respectful.

Trump does not give a rat's butt what they say.  It's so refreshing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Thanks for the cartoon, Fred.  Funny as heck.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

You speak of the list of Dole, McCain, Romney, Kasich, Kristol, McMuffin, Sasse, Flake and related all displays of losing with dignity?

It is a mindset worthy of backdoor lefty contributions.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

Getting their butts kicked in media, yet somehow still winning elections.  The number of subscribers to the NYT and viewers of CNN has been in decline, since the beginning of this century, once multiple options became available.  As it was already in motion, Trumpy-come-lately had little to do with that.

Offline Frank Cannon

You speak of the list of Dole, McCain, Romney, Kasich, Kristol, McMuffin, Sasse, Flake and related all displays of losing with dignity?

Except for maybe Dole, there has never been a bigger pack of self important bitter people around. I got a dollar says Sasse doesn't even run again because he is so hated in his state. He the next Jeff Flake.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Except for maybe Dole, there has never been a bigger pack of self important bitter people around. I got a dollar says Sasse doesn't even run again because he is so hated in his state. He the next Jeff Flake.

Sasse defines 'self-important.'  What a jerk.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Getting their butts kicked in media, yet somehow still winning elections.  The number of subscribers to the NYT and viewers of CNN has been in decline, since the beginning of this century, once multiple options became available.  As it was already in motion, Trumpy-come-lately had little to do with that.

The New York Times started declining when they made the Friday crosswords too easy.

But their blatant prejudice only became totally evident after Trump was elected.

Offline edpc

But their blatant prejudice only became totally evident after Trump was elected.

The NYT and WaPo have been known quantities for decades. Rush has been mocking ‘Pinch’ Sulzberger, since he assumed control in the late 90s.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The NYT and WaPo have been known quantities for decades. Rush has been mocking ‘Pinch’ Sulzberger, since he assumed control in the late 90s.

Yes, to political junkies, but it's only become widespread knowledge after Trump.

Well, since neither Bush 41 or Bush 43 fought back the NYT and TWP felt pretty damn confident they'd meet no lasting pushback from President Trump.  They were wrong.  And apparently, quite a few Americans are celebrating because we've been waiting a long damn time for this.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:12:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

Well, since neither Bush 41 or Bush 43 fought back the NYT and TWP felt pretty damn confident they'd meet no lasting pushback from President Trump.  They were wrong.  And apparently, quite a few Americans are celebrating because we've been waiting a long damn time for this.   :laugh:

It changes nothing, they say what they say, regardless.  It’s not like a bunch of former CNN or NYT types suddenly had an epiphany and flocked to Trump.  Millennials don’t have the attention span for an in-depth article, whether it’s biased, or not.  Others who digest news have other options now, that don’t require home delivery or have a paywall.  So, this basically does nothing but validate something you’ve already known.  It’s the #metoo of the right.

It changes nothing, they say what they say, regardless. 

Yes, but they don't get away with it.  There's no longer whispered frustration with a Bush "leader" admonishing republicans to ignore it and calm down.  The liars are on the defensive. 

It's all good.

Offline goodwithagun

And, snotty comebacks work better with correct spelling.

You would know.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You would know.

You caused me to break two resolves.  My resolves usually last longer, but you have a certain knack.

@goodwithagun

One resolve was never to correct or comment on another's spelling or grammar.

The other was to stay out of it with the 'mean girl cadre.'

I'm resolving again.  Hope it lasts longer  ... maybe I should skip your posts??

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Rush mocked, but nobody running, behaved strongly enough to win.

Only Trump risked taking on the media, as a candidate. And it matters.

Algorithms, curation, fake news, Sherman anti-trust considerations, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln