Author Topic: Trump acknowledges GOP could lose House: 'Could happen'  (Read 344 times)

Online corbe

Trump acknowledges GOP could lose House: 'Could happen'
« on: November 02, 2018, 11:13:22 pm »
Trump acknowledges GOP could lose House: 'Could happen'

By Jordan Fabian - 11/02/18 05:04 PM EDT   

President Trump acknowledged Friday that Republicans could lose control of the House in next week's midterm elections.

Speaking at a rally in West Virginia, Trump lamented the possibility of dealing with a Democratic majority but sought to offer solace to his supporters.

"It could happen. Could happen. We're doing very well, and we're doing really well in the Senate, but could happen," the president said of the Democrats' chances of winning control of the lower chamber.

"And you know what you do? My whole life, you know what I say? 'Don't worry about it, I'll just figure it out,'" he continued. "Does that make sense? I'll figure it out."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/414634-trump-acknowledges-gop-could-lose-house-could-happen
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump acknowledges GOP could lose House: 'Could happen'
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:15:43 pm »
Falls right in line with this Politico article....

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/02/trump-2018-elections-plans-957035
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:21:16 pm »
Sounds like he is resigned to the fact that the House is lost..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 11:27:44 pm »
Sounds like he is resigned to the fact that the House is lost..

That may be true.  What will be interesting is if there is an insurrection against Pelosi, in the wake of the way Democrats are running campaigns.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »

That may be true.  What will be interesting is if there is an insurrection against Pelosi, in the wake of the way Democrats are running campaigns.

I can't bear to think of her with the gavel...I'll keep the tv off that day..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 11:47:47 pm »
   Wish I could say it was a marvelous 8 years that the GOP held the House.  Wonder if it take them another 40 years to get it back?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 11:54:30 pm »
   Wish I could say it was a marvelous 8 years that the GOP held the House.  Wonder if it take them another 40 years to get it back?

What does it matter to you? You are part of the crowd bashing the shit out of their inaction and incompetence.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 12:29:48 am »
   And worse than that @Frank Cannon, I won't even vote since that Trump Budget Voter Cruz doesn't need me. So technically I really can't bitch about it, right?