Author Topic: Clinton Win, Democratic Senate Seen by Analyst Charlie Cook  (Read 611 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Clinton Win, Democratic Senate Seen by Analyst Charlie Cook
« on: November 02, 2018, 06:59:43 pm »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-08/clinton-win-democratic-senate-seen-by-analyst-charlie-cook

Political analyst Charlie Cook in National Journal predicts that Hillary Clinton will win presidential election and Democrats will take control of Senate.

Says Donald Trump has no margin of error and would need to win all 24 states carried by Mitt Romney in 2012 to win race

Won’t put specific percentage on Clinton’s chances of winning, but says "it’s a really big number"

Predicts Democrats will gain 4 seats to give them a 50-50 split of chamber, where ties would be broken by Democratic Vice President Tim Kaine with a Clinton win

Cook says he expects Democrats to topple Republican incumbents Mark Kirk of Ill., Ron Johnson of Wis. and Pat Toomey of Pa. while holding onto seat being vacated by Harry Reid in Nev.; would put "pinkie on the scale" that Democrats also take seat held by Kelly Ayotte of N.H.

Says races for seats controlled by Republicans in N.C. and Mo. are too close to call

Says Marco Rubio seems headed for re-election in Florida; GOP likely to retain seat in Ind. being vacated by Dan Coats

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Clinton Win, Democratic Senate Seen by Analyst Charlie Cook
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 07:05:59 pm »
Thanks I needed that...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 07:21:53 pm »
 ***hair on fire

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 07:22:00 pm »
Thanks I needed that...

I'm hearing all the same static I heard 2 years ago that doesn't jive with what is going on in the streets. We are being played again by the usual suspects and despite being billed a "nonpartisan" Cook is a dyed in the wool beltway Leftist.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 07:25:32 pm »
I'm hearing all the same static I heard 2 years ago that doesn't jive with what is going on in the streets. We are being played again by the usual suspects and despite being billed a "nonpartisan" Cook is a dyed in the wool beltway Leftist.

I am freaking out with all these polls...hubby keeps reminding me of 2016...but I lose it when I hear Pelosi announce they already won the House... :thud:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 07:38:08 pm »
I am freaking out with all these polls...hubby keeps reminding me of 2016...but I lose it when I hear Pelosi announce they already won the House... :thud:

They want you disheartened .... and your hubby's right.   :laugh:

Keep the faith! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0

! No longer available

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 07:47:45 pm »

The last 3 or 4 elections cycles we were told by the MSM that all was lost and the GOP may as well stay home. I'm done playing their games using polling that has been repeatedly discredited.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 05:08:41 pm »
The polls are all controlled by the media, and they are more corrupt than the mafia!

The GOP will gain 4 seats in the Senate, and narrowly hold on to the House.  The Dems will go down in defeat, as well they should.  However, HR Clinton will rise out of the ashes to seize control of the Dems, and she will be their candidate in 2020.

Trump will best her again and take 40 states. 

I can't wait!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 05:16:03 pm »
The polls are all controlled by the media, and they are more corrupt than the mafia!

The GOP will gain 4 seats in the Senate, and narrowly hold on to the House.  The Dems will go down in defeat, as well they should.  However, HR Clinton will rise out of the ashes to seize control of the Dems, and she will be their candidate in 2020.

I can't wait!

I don't know about Hitlary. Her staff has split off between Kamala, Booker and Avenatti. She is going to run, but she isn't going to have iron fist control over the party because she won't have the drones.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 05:46:38 pm »
Thanks I needed that...

Me, too @mystery-ak   Reminds me of when we were gullible and believed that FDR's favorite song was Home on the Range, where never a discouraging word was heard.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 01:38:19 am »

I can't wait!

The scenarios may play out, by Clinton running again?  I say that chance of that are slim to none; her health won't allow her to and even the DEMS have distanced themselves from her.  Her political career ended when she lost to Trump...she's been lying to herself ever since.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 04:44:01 am »

I can't wait!

SPOILER ALERT!!!

j/k