Author Topic: Rush: The New York Times Says Trump’s Tweets Are the Reason Republicans Will Lose  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The New York Times Says Trump’s Tweets Are the Reason Republicans Will Lose

Nov 2, 2018

RUSH: I don’t read the New York Times much. I just don’t. There’s nothing in it that surprises me. I don’t need to read the New York Times for examples of liberal media and how they operate. People send me stuff from the New York Times, “You need to see this.” No, I don’t need to see it.

But there are rare times when I do consult the New York Times, and getting close to elections is one of those times. They have a reporter out there by the name of Jonathan… Just having a mental block. I was just… He used to be at The Politico, and he still sends me advance copies of his stories, and his story that… (interruption) No, and the version I had didn’t print his name. It’ll come to me here in a fleeting, fleeting moment.

“Trump’s Nationalism Is Breaking Point for Some Suburban Voters, Risking GOP Coalition.” What this story is about is about how there’s a bunch of John Kasichs out there in wealthy Republican, upper-middle class suburbs of major cities who hate and despise Trump because Trump is a “nationalist.” “Trump’s Nationalism Is Breaking Point for Some Suburban Voters, Risking GOP Coalition —

“Two years ago, the presidential election hinged in large part on a rightward shift among working-class whites who deserted Democrats. Tuesday’s House election may turn on an equally significant and opposite force: a generational break with the Republican Party among educated, wealthier whites — especially women — who like the party’s pro-business policies but recoil from President Trump’s divisive language on race and gender.”

So you see, they love what’s happening with the economy. But they hate Trump’s tweets. They hate Trump’s tweets. Trump’s tweets are why the Republicans are gonna lose the House, essentially. “Rather than seeking to coax voters like these [rich suburbanites] back into the Republican coalition, Mr. Trump appears to have all but written them off, spending the final days of the campaign delivering a scorching message about preoccupations like birthright citizenship and a migrant ‘invasion’ from Mexico that these voters see through as alarmist.”

Jonathan Martin is the guy here. “In Republican-leaning districts that include diverse populations or abut cities that do — from bulwarks of Sunbelt conservatism like Houston and Orange County, Calif., to the well-manicured bedroom communities outside Philadelphia and Minneapolis — the party is in danger of losing its House majority next week because Mr. Trump’s racially-tinged nationalism has alienated these voters who once made up a dependable constituency.”

Now, wait. Stick with me on this, because the piece de resistance is coming up. So what we’re being told here is you have these wealthy — and, by the way, he went to wealthy suburbs. He went to River Oaks in Houston. River Oaks is… Take the richest neighborhood in your town and multiply it by two, and that’s River Oaks outside Houston, and that’s where he went. He’s talking to people in River Oaks and similar circumstances in Orange County, California, and outside Philadelphia, main line Philadelphia.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/11/02/the-new-york-times-says-trumps-tweets-are-the-reason-republicans-will-lose/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34