Author Topic: Donald Trump Says If Migrant Caravan Throws Stones, ‘We Would Consider That a Firearm Because There’  (Read 822 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Newsweek By Jason Le Miere On 11/1/18

President Donald Trump said Thursday that if any member of the migrant caravan making its way toward the United States border throws stones or rocks at U.S. military personnel they would “consider it a firearm” and license to use lethal force in response.

"I hope there won't be that, but I will tell you this—anybody throwing rocks...we will consider that a firearm, because there's not much difference when you get hit in the face with a rock,” Trump said to reporters in the Oval Office in his latest speech about the caravan. Trump has increasingly stoked fears about what he called an “invasion” by the caravan, despite its numbers rapidly decreasing in recent days and no evidence of major gang or terrorist infiltrations.

Trump had referred to a violent clash between migrants and Mexican federal police at the Mexico-Guatemala border on Sunday.

“They're throwing rocks viciously and violently, we're not going to put up with that,” Trump said. “They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fights back. I told them to consider it a rifle.”

More: https://www.newsweek.com/doanld-trump-migrant-caravan-stones-firearm-1197857

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.apnews.com/934c5377c2d84e6a95dbbb347eef299e

Prosecutor: Border agent tired of rock throwers killed teen

A U.S. Border Patrol agent was fed up with cross-border rock throwers when he deliberately shot at a Mexican teenager, a federal prosecutor said Wednesday as the agent’s second trial began in the 2012 killing.

Lonnie Swartz was acquitted of murder earlier this year in Arizona and now faces manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter charges in the death of 16-year-old Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez, who was shot in the back multiple times.

It is rare for a Border Patrol agent to be prosecuted on charges involving use of force. Swartz, who has pleaded not guilty, is being retried after the previous jury deadlocked on a manslaughter verdict.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Wallace Kleindienst said in an opening statement that Swartz shot Elena Rodriguez after the teen and others threw rocks at agents who were chasing two drug smugglers on Oct. 10, 2012.

Kleindienst said other agents and police retreated from the rock throwers at the time of the shooting but that Swartz had been involved in previous rock-throwing incidents and had gotten fed up with the tactic used by smugglers to distract agents.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One thing you can bet money on is that there will be US leftist agitators in the crowd urging people to throw rocks at the troops,hoping they open fire and gun down women and children.

A better solution would be to send down enough troops to just charge into the crowd and beat the snot out of anyone that thrown things at them,and then arrest them and send them back home of a old,leaky cargo ship after making them work a month or two to help build our border wall.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Lonnie Swartz was acquitted of murder earlier this year in Arizona and now faces manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter charges in the death of 16-year-old Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez, who was shot in the back multiple times.

So, will there potentially be a presidential pardon?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:53:42 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Slide Rule

So most soldiers will not have a firearm or rifle.

There will be snipers. Wonder what their preferred body part is?

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline skeeter

Well whats the point of sending armed troops down there?

Wish we'd make up our minds.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So most soldiers will not have a firearm or rifle.

There will be snipers. Wonder what their preferred body part is?

:)

Slide Rule

ALL soldiers have firearms,but support soldiers are not infantrymen or MP's,so even thought their weapons will be deployed with them,neither the weapons or the ammo for them will be issued unless they are attacked.

I seriously doubt there will be snipers deployed AS snipers. There is no valid reason to deploy snipers to shoot unarmed civilians. There may be a few in "overwatch positions" where they can use their optics and their training to spot potential attackers and give warnings via their radios,though. They may even have "instant approval" via radio to take shots if necessary to prevent attacks on soldiers and innocents if they see someone in the crowd pull a gun or seem to be handling a bomb.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well whats the point of sending armed troops down there?

Wish we'd make up our minds.

@skeeter

There is no such thing as troops that are not armed,but support troops like the people setting up the camps,providing medical care,providing transportation,food,clothing,etc,etc,etc have no need of weapons,and typically aren't even issued weapons in actual combat zones. They are SUPPORT troops,not assault troops. The only time they would be issued their arms and ammunition would be if the base camp they are working from comes under actual armed attack.

Even then there are MP's guarding the camps that are armed and trained to do that sort of thing.

Offline RoosGirl

Rubber bullets and bean bags?

Offline edpc

Rubber bullets and bean bags?

That’s racist....... :police:

Offline RoosGirl

That’s racist....... :police:

I said bean bags, not beaner bags.

Offline edpc

I said bean bags, not beaner bags.

Still a dog whistle, in this political climate.....

***hair on fire

Offline edpc

Trump backtracks on suggestion U.S. troops could fire on migrants

"They won't have to fire. What I don't want is I don't want these people throwing rocks," Trump told reporters outside the White House. "If they do that with us, they're going to be arrested for a long time."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-troops-not-fire-migrant-caravan-184122697.html