Author Topic: Editorial: Stivers vs. King  (Read 890 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Editorial: Stivers vs. King
« on: November 02, 2018, 04:43:05 am »
https://www.weeklystandard.com/steve-stivers-and-the-nrcc-take-on-steve-king

“Congressman Steve King’s recent comments, actions, and retweets are completely inappropriate. We must stand up against white supremacy and hate in all forms, and I strongly condemn this behavior.” So states Ohio Rep. Steve Stivers, head of the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), via Twitter. He’s referring to King’s endorsement of Canadian white nationalist Faith Goldy for Toronto mayor, and also, perhaps, to nasty and indefensible remarks the Iowa congressman made in an interview with the neo-fascist Austrian publication Unzensuriert.

That interview took place, it bears pointing out again, while King was in Austria visiting officials from the far-right Freedom Party (FPÖ), an anti-immigration group with close ties to European race-nationalism movements. King was at the time on a foundation-funded trip to Poland to view “Jewish and Holocaust historical sites,” but he took a side jaunt to Austria (paying his own way) specifically in order to meet FPÖ officials. In his interview with Unzensuriert, as Adam Rubenstein pointed out in this space on October 25, King grumbled about the horrors of immigrants—“somebody else’s babies”—replacing hardworking Americans’ children (“we add to our population approximately 1.8 million of ‘somebody else’s babies’ who are raised in another culture before they get to us”).

King is increasingly comfortable expressing fringe views publicly. Maybe it’s the political environment created by a president who launched his campaign with a vow to go after the “rapists” sent to the United States by Mexico and suggested in a bizarre non-sequitur this week that ending birthright citizenship would rid the country of immigrant criminality. “Birthright citizenship, you know all about it—we will keep the criminals, the drug dealers, we will keep them all out of our country. We will get rid of all of this. We will end, finally, birthright citizenship.”

But King has a long history of bigoted comments...

So much more Trumpism at link

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Editorial: Stivers vs. King
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 04:52:26 am »
I think it is great that a Never Trumper faggot like Steve Stivers is drawing attention to a safe seat no one cares about while, if polls are correct, he will be responsible single handedly for GOP losses in the House. I wonder if this open borders fruit Steve Stivers was taking it up the ass in a gay bathouse while he was twitting this?

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:44 am »
I think it is great that a Never Trumper faggot like Steve Stivers is drawing attention to a safe seat no one cares about while, if polls are correct, he will be responsible single handedly for GOP losses in the House. I wonder if this open borders fruit Steve Stivers was taking it up the ass in a gay bathouse while he was twitting this?

I'm just checking which faggot we are talking about :pondering:  It is the GOP...home of GOP speaker Denny Hastert.. A Republican who was a pedophile like Roy Moore, but not a loving kind of pedophile guiding junior high girls on a journey towards womanhood, but a sick perverse homosexual sodomite pedophile. 

Steve Stivers is the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee right...that faggot?  Why do you and Trump (aka GOD!) let these bleep represent your party @Frank Cannon...I believe it is because of the latent homosexuality of the base?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:17:11 am »
I'm just checking which faggot we are talking about :pondering:  It is the GOP...home of GOP speaker Denny Hastert.. A Republican who was a pedophile like Roy Moore, but not a loving kind of pedophile guiding junior high girls on a journey towards womanhood, but a sick perverse homosexual sodomite pedophile. 

Steve Stivers is the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee right...that faggot?  Why do you and Trump (aka GOD!) let these bleep represent your party @Frank Cannon...I believe it is because of the latent homosexuality of the base?

And the circus clown walks into another door and admits he is a Lib. Thanks for playing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:19:10 am »
And the circus clown walks into another door and admits he is a Lib. Thanks for playing.

What are you talking about?  Admitting that you're not a Republican is a far cry from admitting you're a Lib.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 05:28:56 am »
What are you talking about?  Admitting that you're not a Republican is a far cry from admitting you're a Lib.

Can you point to any posts, threads, mentions or whispers where the poster promotes a candidate, ideology or person the right of center? You are the history buff here who loves to cite posts from years ago. It should be no problem to find them. You can start on his personal thread that is nothing but a bash fest on the GOP President. Or you can look at the 3000 threads he posted that are hand picked from DU talking points bashing right leaning candidates or policies.

At all other forums on the interwebs that would be considered trolling. Here is is considered thoughtful discourse.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 05:42:19 am »
Can you point to any posts, threads, mentions or whispers where the poster promotes a candidate, ideology or person the right of center? You are the history buff here who loves to cite posts from years ago. It should be no problem to find them. You can start on his personal thread that is nothing but a bash fest on the GOP President. Or you can look at the 3000 threads he posted that are hand picked from DU talking points bashing right leaning candidates or policies.

At all other forums on the interwebs that would be considered trolling. Here is is considered thoughtful discourse.

Right back at you @Frank Cannon.  Aside from Trump which Republicans do you support?  Do you like the Chairman of National Republican Congressional Committee.  It does not look like it.  Do you like House Speaker Paul Ryan?  No.  Sen Ted Cruz?  no.  How about any GOP President or GOP nominee for the last 30 years?  No.  How about any GOP candidate beside Trump in 2016?  No.  I have praised Mitch McConnell more than anyone else here.  I defended and spoke in praise of Dubya, McCain, Palin, Romney, Graham, Walker, Perry, and Paul before 2016.  The party is a joke to me now, but this is you're party.  When is the last time you defended or praised a Republican?

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 05:53:38 am »
Can you point to any posts, threads, mentions or whispers where the poster promotes a candidate, ideology or person the right of center?
I posted a tweet by former GOP congressman David Jolly this morning.