Author Topic: Flashback: 'No Sane Country' Would Reward Illegal Immigration With Automatic Birthright Citizenship  (Read 259 times)

rangerrebew

Flashback: 'No Sane Country' Would Reward Illegal Immigration With Automatic Birthright Citizenship Said...Harry Reid
Guy Benson

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 10:25 AM

In this midterms-themed post yesterday, I briefly touched on the suddenly-hot issue of birthright citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants.  Thanks to President Trump telling Axios that he's planning to change the effective US policy via executive order, the question has been unexpectedly thrust back into the spotlight. Here's what the president said, in case you missed it:

"You can definitely do it with an act of Congress. But now they’re saying I can do it just with an executive order…We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States…with all of those benefits. It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/10/31/flashback-rewarding-illegal-immigrants-with-birthright-citizenship-for-their-kids-is-insane-saidharry-reid-n2533351
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:35:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It is ridiculous.  Misrepresentation of the 14th Amendment.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.