Author Topic: Report: House GOP prepares quick leadership vote — which would benefit McCarthy  (Read 216 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I definitely would prefer to see Jordan elected, but I'm doubtful that we'll see the GOP retain their majority.

Report: House GOP prepares quick leadership vote — which would benefit McCarthy

House Republicans reportedly are planning to hold leadership elections just one week after the midterm elections, a move likely intended to give Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. an advantage for the number one position in the GOP conference over his more conservative challenger, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio...........

.......Holding the vote earlier helps McCarthy fend off Jordan’s challenge by deciding GOP leadership before the December 7 deadline to fund the Department of Homeland Security, which governs border security, and several other agencies. The crux of Jordan’s argument to be leader is that Republicans need to “do what we said.” That means if Republicans promised to build a wall and secure the border, they need to confront the Democrats on wall funding and force them into a tough spot. Under Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., the Republican tactic has been to avoid a government “shutdown” by any means possible, even refusing to have a debate with the Democrats on funding priorities. Jordan has previously argued against this surrender tactic and in favor of using must-pass funding bills as leverage to advance conservative policies.........

..... Holding an early leadership election to benefit McCarthy is a typical swamp tactic. It’s representative of everything President Trump was elected to stand against. Republicans should delay the vote.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/report-house-gop-prepares-quick-leadership-vote-which-would-benefit-mccarthy/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.