Author Topic: Migrant caravan’s leaders reportedly demand ‘safe and dignified’ transport as enthusiasm erodes  (Read 978 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Morale appears to be eroding inside the migrant caravans pushing toward the United States, with members dropping out to return home, some opting to try their luck in Mexico and others demanding "safe and dignified transport," as the endless walking begins to take its toll.

The first of the three caravans attempting the journey is still at least 1,000 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border. A Fox News crew traveling with the leading caravan Tuesday observed migrants standing on a bridge outside of the town of Niltepec, hoping to get rides in vehicles, while others looked to get on board buses that lined up.

That caravan is estimated to contain 4,000 people -- but the number is slowly shrinking as weary travelers drop out or apply for protected status in Mexico, spurring the caravan's leaders to make the request for help with transportation to Mexico's capital, according to the Associated Press.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrant-caravans-leaders-reportedly-demand-safe-and-dignified-transport-as-enthusiasm-erodes
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We can't seem to discover the original impetus for this caravan, although I have my suspicions.

Here is an odd quote from the Fox article;

""Of the friends that I have been with, all want to go back," Hasiel Isamar Hernandez, a 28-year-old mother of three from Honduras, told the news agency.

Hernandez added she decided to drop out of the caravan after hearing from her husband her 3-year-old daughter back home had stopped eating because she missed her mother. She was one of a group of migrants Monday who gathered at a checkpoint near Tapanatepec to ask for help returning home to Honduras. Many fled that country weeks ago to join the caravan in a bid to escape Honduras’ pervasive poverty and violence."

What induced this woman to leave a 3 year old and a husband to join this caravan?  It just seems odd.

Offline Applewood

I would suppose financial gain.  Yes, I know there have been denials that the invaders are being paid, but a story like this makes a person wonder why else would these people leave behind their families and trek for hundreds of miles in the broiling sun to come to an uncertain future in America -- that is, if we are foolish enough to let them in.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nobody does Safe and Dignified transportation better than the Mexicans....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Dang it, Frank, you made me laugh again.  Out loud.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Indeed! 

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have no problem with providing safe and dignified transportation as long as its back to where they came from.  Fingerprint them and make it clear that they WILL never gain legal entry into this country.  Next time, they are caught they will be thrown in a Mexican prison to rot.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I have no problem with providing safe and dignified transportation as long as its back to where they came from.  Fingerprint them and make it clear that they WILL never gain legal entry into this country.  Next time, they are caught they will be thrown in a Mexican prison to rot.

Nope, the state where they are at is transporting them in charter busses to the U.S.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/30/bus-mexico-migrant-caravan-border/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Nope, the state where they are at is transporting them in charter busses to the U.S.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/30/bus-mexico-migrant-caravan-border/

Please tell me they bought them from tesla.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

We can't seem to discover the original impetus for this caravan, although I have my suspicions.

Here is an odd quote from the Fox article;

""Of the friends that I have been with, all want to go back," Hasiel Isamar Hernandez, a 28-year-old mother of three from Honduras, told the news agency.

Hernandez added she decided to drop out of the caravan after hearing from her husband her 3-year-old daughter back home had stopped eating because she missed her mother. She was one of a group of migrants Monday who gathered at a checkpoint near Tapanatepec to ask for help returning home to Honduras. Many fled that country weeks ago to join the caravan in a bid to escape Honduras’ pervasive poverty and violence."

What induced this woman to leave a 3 year old and a husband to join this caravan?  It just seems odd.

That's a good question.  I bet I can answer though.  All the free stuff.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That's a good question.  I bet I can answer though.  All the free stuff.

I bet she's pregnant and wants to pop one out in the US, and then "we" can't "break up her family" by not letting the rest of the brood in.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I bet she's pregnant and wants to pop one out in the US, and then "we" can't "break up her family" by not letting the rest of the brood in.

Exactly what I was thinking but didn't say.

Offline RoosGirl

There is nothing in the article, other than the title, that says anything about the leaders of the caravan demanding anything.  And there's only one little quote, not attributed to anyone, at the beginning of the article that says demands are being made.  WTF.

Offline Frank Cannon

There is nothing in the article, other than the title, that says anything about the leaders of the caravan demanding anything.  And there's only one little quote, not attributed to anyone, at the beginning of the article that says demands are being made.  WTF.

Hey. It's FOX News. What they say in their titles goes.

Offline RoosGirl

Hey. It's FOX News. What they say in their titles goes.

So I should go ahead and be outraged?

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
SEND IN THE NATIONAL GUARD!!!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw