Author Topic: Trump Creates First National Monument Celebrating African-American Civil War Soldiers  (Read 914 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump Creates First National Monument Celebrating African-American Civil War Soldiers
By
Jeff Dunetz -
October 30, 2018

President Trump used his executive powers to designate Camp Nelson as a national monument, establishing a 380-acre site in Kentucky to honor African Americans’ role as soldiers during the Civil War. Camp Nelson is the first national monument designation under President Trump.

Established as a Union supply depot and hospital during the Civil War, Camp Nelson became a recruitment and training center for African American soldiers and a refugee camp for their wives and children. Thousands of slaves risked their lives escaping to this site with the hope of securing their freedom and, ultimately, controlling their futures by aiding in the destruction of slavery.

more
https://conservativefiringline.com/trump-creates-first-national-monument-celebrating-african-american-civil-war-soldiers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

I was just thinking how great it would be to have a thread where all the Mint Julep drinkers could go on and on about the "War Of Northern Aggression".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was just thinking how great it would be to have a thread where all the Mint Julep drinkers could go on and on about the "War Of Northern Aggression".

@Frank Cannon

ESAD,Yankee scum!

I'm a little shocked it has taken this long for this to happen. Let's try to hold their feet to the fire and have them mention and have displays about blacks that fought for the Confederacy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Excellent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

You mean there wasn't one already? Shocked. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You mean there wasn't one already? Shocked.

@NavyCanDo

Me,too!

It's something long overdue,and I am glad he is doing it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

Bravo and long overdue..

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

"Trump Creates First National Monument Celebrating African-American Civil War Soldiers"

Very very Cool.  Nice job Mr. President. 

Now help us stop the PC scums  attacking monuments on the other side.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

Trump Dedicates First Monument To Black Civil War Soldiers; CNN Fails To Comment
November 4, 2018 Chris Donaldson

I didn’t merit much attention over at CNN, but President Trump’s designation of the first national monument of his presidency took place and it was a significant one.

The president used his powers under the Antiquities Act to name Camp Nelson near Nicholasville, Kentucky as one of the nation’s 130 such protected areas.

The 380-acre site in Jessamine County was established as a Union depot in 1863 and served as a recruiting area for escaped slaves who joined the North to take up arms against their oppressors. It pays tribute to the courageous black soldiers who fought during the Civil War an is a long overdue honor to loyal Americans who rarely get the attention that they deserve in the history books.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/trumps-first-monument-will-be-dedicated-to-black-civil-war-soldiers-cnn-fails-to-comment/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:29:22 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Mod1

Threads merged