Author Topic: Border Politicians Call Troop Deployment "Unnecessary" & "A Dog and Pony Show"  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KVEO By Derick Garcia 10/29/2018

---Congressman Vicente Gonzalez (TX-15) issued the following statement in part,

“Utilizing active-duty military personnel as a short-term border security solution is a complete and unnecessary waste of federal resources." Rep. Gonzalez, continued, "I plan to personally call the Presidents of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador in the next few days to engage them in a discussion to prevent these types of caravans. Taxpayers deserve better than this dog and pony show coming from an Administration pandering to its base days before an election.”

Congressman Filemon Vela, an outspoken critic of President Trump, "

“If 7,000 people crossed the border at once (which is not going to happen) then one might argue that a small number of military troops for humanitarian and medical purposes might be in order, especially in light of the fact that our non profit organizations are not adequately staffed or funded to respond to such an event. However, this is not what is happening.Trump’s deployment of 5,000 military troops to guard against women and children migrants who will likely never set foot on American soil is totally unnecessary."

Vela continued. "Instead, this is a simple political ploy orchestrated by President Trump to create a false sense of hysteria in an effort to appease his white nationalist supporters. The November 5th (day before the election) roll out date, makes this painfully blatant. It is also an obvious attempt to deflect attention from the Pittsburgh mass murders and the attempted bombings of his political opponents which was clearly inspired by the President’s hate-filled speech.

More: https://www.kveo.com/news/local-news/border-politicians-call-troop-deployment-unnecessary-a-dog-and-pony-show-/1560983825

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Vicente Gonzalez D.  Says it all. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Except it's NOT a dog an pony show.  9999hair out0000
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We need those Democrat votes!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just remember, some of those border politicians benefit from the status quo.

Offline Frank Cannon

So good old Vic is going to call leaders in South America and Mexico and solve the problem. This plaid suit wearing no name Rat loser sure thinks a lot of himself.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just remember, some of those border politicians benefit from the status quo.

Especially the ones in the RGV.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Except it's NOT a dog an pony show.  9999hair out0000

Of course it is.  The illegals are not expected for months.  You're getting hard because reinforcements are sent before the mid term elections.  I'm just saying that's a joke.  Enjoy your virility.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Of course it is.  The illegals are not expected for months.  You're getting hard because reinforcements are sent before the mid term elections.  I'm just saying that's a joke.  Enjoy your virility.

What I'm saying and why I'm saying it's not a dog and pony show is based on info you don't have and I can't really talk about more than what I already have said.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What I'm saying and why I'm saying it's not a dog and pony show is based on info you don't have and I can't really talk about more than what I already have said.

Then your info is useless to me.  When will it be available?  After elections?  I won't mean much then.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

“Utilizing active-duty military personnel as a short-term border security solution is a complete and unnecessary waste of federal resources." Rep. Gonzalez, continued, "I plan to personally call the Presidents of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador in the next few days to engage them in a discussion to prevent these types of caravans. Taxpayers deserve better than this dog and pony show coming from an Administration pandering to its base days before an election.”

Congressman Filemon Vela, an outspoken critic of President Trump, "

“If 7,000 people crossed the border at once (which is not going to happen) then one might argue that a small number of military troops for humanitarian and medical purposes might be in order, especially in light of the fact that our non profit organizations are not adequately staffed or funded to respond to such an event. However, this is not what is happening.Trump’s deployment of 5,000 military troops to guard against women and children migrants who will likely never set foot on American soil is totally unnecessary."

Vela continued. "Instead, this is a simple political ploy orchestrated by President Trump to create a false sense of hysteria in an effort to appease his white nationalist supporters. The November 5th (day before the election) roll out date, makes this painfully blatant. It is also an obvious attempt to deflect attention from the Pittsburgh mass murders and the attempted bombings of his political opponents which was clearly inspired by the President’s hate-filled speech.

More: https://www.kveo.com/news/local-news/border-politicians-call-troop-deployment-unnecessary-a-dog-and-pony-show-/1560983825

As opposed to these two brown politicians who put race ahead of citizenship in their quest to turn America brown so they can get the votes to stay in office and keep getting wealthy off the taxpayers,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So good old Vic is going to call leaders in South America and Mexico and solve the problem. This plaid suit wearing no name Rat loser sure thinks a lot of himself.

@Frank Cannon

In his defense,he never claimed they would answer his calls,and given that it is almost a certainty that he is looking for a payoff for taking in the troublemakers they want to get rid of,chances are none of them will answer the phone,

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

As opposed to these two brown politicians who put race ahead of citizenship in their quest to turn America brown so they can get the votes to stay in office and keep getting wealthy off the taxpayers,

"Brown politicians"?  Now we're the ones fixated on skin color?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:11:40 pm by Sanguine »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Brown politicians"?  Now we're the ones fixated on skin color?

@Sanguine

Yes,you are.

As are the brown politicians who want more brown voters. They want more ignorant identity voters to come in looking for free stuff so they can remain in office.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Yes,you are.

As are the brown politicians who want more brown voters. They want more ignorant identity voters to come in looking for free stuff so they can remain in office.

Sorry, Pete, that deflection thingie doesn't work.  You introduced it into the conversation, you own it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I'm gonna trust you on this @txradioguy because you've been right a lot lately.

Half of the posters here want Trump to do this and want specific information as to his exact plans, which is not that smart.

What can it hurt to be ready in case.  We see both sides of the makeup and progress of the caravan on various news sites.  Some report it as innocent families just lookin' for a home, while others, more correctly, see it as mostly young men we know nothing about with a few women and children thrown in for the cameras.

We also see that they are a straggling mess, sick and tired and disintegrating or a well-financed little horde that is moving inexorably to the border.

But do we want to take a chance?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

"Taxpayers deserve better than this dog and pony show coming from an Administration pandering to its base days before an election.”

Exactly, Taxpayers deserved the federal government doing this years ago.... and building the wall while they were at it. Then once the border was secured, then perhaps you (Vicente) wouldn't have the numbers for winning elections.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sorry, Pete, that deflection thingie doesn't work.  You introduced it into the conversation, you own it.

@Sanguine

You were either thinking it and too PC to admit it,or you are too stupid to be allowed to vote. It couldn't be more obvious if the Dims put up billboards and bought tv ad spots to brag about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Half of the posters here want Trump to do this and want specific information as to his exact plans, which is not that smart.

What can it hurt to be ready in case.  We see both sides of the makeup and progress of the caravan on various news sites.  Some report it as innocent families just lookin' for a home, while others, more correctly, see it as mostly young men we know nothing about with a few women and children thrown in for the cameras.

We also see that they are a straggling mess, sick and tired and disintegrating or a well-financed little horde that is moving inexorably to the border.

@Emjay

What I see is hordes of enemy aliens coming here to get a better life than they had at home by destroying out country and making it like the countries they are fleeing. They have ZERO interest in becoming Americans. All they want is the free stuff.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

You were either thinking it and too PC to admit it,or you are too stupid to be allowed to vote. It couldn't be more obvious if the Dims put up billboards and bought tv ad spots to brag about it.

OK, got it.  You can't man up and own what you said.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly, Taxpayers deserved the federal government doing this years ago.... and building the wall while they were at it. Then once the border was secured, then perhaps you (Vicente) wouldn't have the numbers for winning elections.

@Sighlass

Careful! The old Bush-Bot crowd here will accuse you of being a racist if you state the obvious.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sort of reminds me of this:

Offline Frank Cannon

OK, got it.  You can't man up and own what you said.

There is only one real man on this forum......but you already knew that baby.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There is only one real man on this forum......but you already knew that baby.

I do, I just don't want him to know, Frank.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Emjay thanks.

And you're right.