Author Topic: The Democratic Party: A History Of Anarchy, Part 2  (Read 185 times)

rangerrebew

The Democratic Party: A History Of Anarchy, Part 2
« on: October 29, 2018, 05:29:20 pm »
The Democratic Party: A History Of Anarchy, Part 2
Oct 29, 2018 Read More Articles by Steven Neill

Today’s Democrats: Slavery is the Greatest Blessing for Master and Slave

“I want Cuba, I want Tamaulipas, Potosi, and one or two other Mexican States; and I want them all for the same reason – for the planting and spreading of slavery.”  —Senator Albert Gallatin Brown of Mississippi

Following 1800 election, the issue of slavery would drive a wedge in the country not seen since the American Revolution. As their power waned, the Southern Democrats began to threaten violence and secession from the union as non-slave states threatened their “particular institution.” While slavery was not the only issue the Southern Democrat was willing to go to war over, it was certainly the most prominent.

Several petitions were delivered to the U.S. House of Representatives in February, 1836 from residents of Massachusetts stating that they were praying for the abolishment of slavery. Debate arose as to whether or not to allow the petitions into the Congressional Record. Democratic South Carolina Senator James Henry Hammond responded: “What, sir, does the south ask next? She asks, and this at least she has a right to demand, that these petitions be not received here and recorded on your journals. Is this demanding anything unreasonable, unjust or unkind? Sir, we cannot endure it. If these things are permitted here, you drive us from your councils. Let the consequences be upon you.”

https://newswithviews.com/the-democratic-party-a-history-of-anarchy-part-2/

Offline Absalom

Re: The Democratic Party: A History Of Anarchy, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 09:38:47 pm »
As for the Democrat Party, they included Founders such as 
Jefferson, Madison, Rutledge; among dozens of southerners.
Also, they were the Party of States  Rights, decentralized
government and Free Trade.
Neill needs to acquaint himself w/history not gossip.