Author Topic: Campbell Soup executive canned after tweeting that George Soros was supporting migrant caravan  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Campbell Soup executive canned after tweeting that George Soros was supporting migrant caravan
by Joe Williams
 | October 28, 2018 04:23 PM

A top executive at Campbell Soup is no longer with the company after claiming that Democratic billionaire George Soros' foundation was supporting the migrant caravan en route to the southern U.S. border.

Kelly Johnston, who was vice president of government affairs, had her last day on Thursday, a Campbell's spokesperson confirmed.

Johnston was slated to depart in early November, but the timeline was sped up after his tweet that Soros' Open Society Foundations helped arrange for the caravan the "troop carriers and the rail cars taking them north."

"In the last few days, the company and Mr. Johnston have agreed that under the current circumstances it would be best to accelerate the timing of his departure," the spokesperson said.

Interim chief executive officer Keith McLoughlin wrote to Open Society's president Patrick Gaspard earlier in the week to say that Johnston's remarks "do not represent the position of Campbell and are inconsistent with how Campbell approaches public debate."

Fox Business on Sunday removed an episode of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" due to comments made by Judicial Watch official Chris Farrell that a "Soros-occupied State Department" was backing the caravan.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/business/campbell-soup-executive-canned-after-tweeting-that-george-soros-was-supporting-migrant-caravan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Sorry to see the leftist war on free speech continue apace.

Offline RoosGirl

What the hell?  Is Kelly a guy or gal?  The article calls "them" out as both.

Offline Meldrew

I see what you did there  -  "Campbell Soup executive canned "

Also, is Kelly Johnston transsexual? 

"Kelly Johnston, who was vice president of government affairs, had her last day on Thursday"

"Johnston was slated to depart in early November, but the timeline was sped up after his tweet"

I'm hardly the sharpest grammatical (or spelling) knife in the drawer but the state of modern journalism really is atrocious. 

Offline endicom

I'm hardly the sharpest grammatical (or spelling) knife in the drawer but the state of modern journalism really is atrocious.

Online journalism(?) doesn't get the editing that newspapers used to.

Offline Suppressed

What the hell?  Is Kelly a guy or gal?  The article calls "them" out as both.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline berdie

Online journalism(?) doesn't get the editing that newspapers used to.

Cambell soup exec gets canned just hit my funny bone. :laugh: