Author Topic: The Annihilation of Iraq's Christian Minority  (Read 283 times)

rangerrebew

The Annihilation of Iraq's Christian Minority
« on: October 28, 2018, 03:01:25 pm »
The Annihilation of Iraq's Christian Minority

by Raymond Ibrahim
October 28, 2018 at 5:00 am

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/13193/iraq-christians-annihilation

"I'm proud to be an Iraqi, I love my country. But my country is not proud that I'm part of it. What is happening to my people [Christians] is nothing other than genocide... Wake up!" — Father Douglas al-Bazi, Iraqi Catholic parish priest, Erbil.

"Contacting the authorities forces us to identify ourselves [as Christians], and we aren't certain that some of the people threatening us aren't the people in the government offices that are supposed to be protecting us." — Iraqi Christian man, explaining why Christians in Iraq do not turn to government authorities for protection.

Government-sponsored school curricula present indigenous Christians as unwanted "foreigners," although Iraq was Christian for centuries before it was conquered by Muslims in the seventh century.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Annihilation of Iraq's Christian Minority
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 10:34:31 pm »
Why did we waste our blood and treasure in this rat hole?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: The Annihilation of Iraq's Christian Minority
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:13:43 am »
Not only that, those Christians are among the oldest Christian communities on earth.... until, until around 2003 and it did get a lot worse with the coming of ISIS.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/guess-who-got-the-key-to-detroit/

Saddam gave so much money to a Christian church in Detroit, he got the key to the city.

That area is just too loaded to mess with, we see how the Saudis, Turks, Egyptians, Syrians act, kill or be killed.  In a sense, I think one can look at most of the conflicts over there and then figure, depending on how you look at it, every side is right in those wars, perhaps all wars are that way.

With the exception of what happens in Israel.

We need to be very careful with our interventions, we haven't really intervened too much with Trump, the Yemen war was already ongoing, but we do need to look at that one too....Senator Rand Paul is correct, to at least, scrutinize the situation.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:44:11 am by TomSea »