Author Topic: Obama rips Trump: 'It's wrong to spend all your time from a position of power vilifying people'  (Read 864 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama rips Trump: 'It's wrong to spend all your time from a position of power vilifying people'
By Caroline Kelly

Updated 10:46 AM ET, Sat October 27, 2018

(CNN)Former President Barack Obama made a thinly veiled jab at President Donald Trump on Friday evening, saying it was wrong to use a position of power for attacking others as "enemies of the people and then suddenly pretending that you're concerned about civility."
"I would like to think that everybody in America would think it's wrong to spend all your time from a position of power vilifying people, questioning their patriotism, calling them enemies of the people and then suddenly pretending that you're concerned about civility," he told a cheering crowd.
Trump has repeatedly called the media "fake news" and "the enemy of the people." Following the discovery of multiple packages sent to people whom the President has spoken against as political enemies, as well as a suspicious package in CNN's New York bureau at the Time Warner Center on Wednesday, Trump tweeted Thursday that "a very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News."

more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/politics/obama-detroit-milwaukee-rally/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hopefully the midterms will exhaust this jackass and he'll take the next six years off.

Offline skeeter

Hopefully the midterms will exhaust this jackass and he'll take the next six years off.

Its OK. Obama is our October Surprise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Obama rips Trump: 'It's wrong to spend all your time from a position of power vilifying people'
By Caroline Kelly

Updated 10:46 AM ET, Sat October 27, 2018

(CNN)Former President Barack Obama made a thinly veiled jab at President Donald Trump on Friday evening, saying it was wrong to use a position of power for attacking others as "enemies of the people and then suddenly pretending that you're concerned about civility."
"I would like to think that everybody in America would think it's wrong to spend all your time from a position of power vilifying people, questioning their patriotism, calling them enemies of the people and then suddenly pretending that you're concerned about civility," he told a cheering crowd.
Trump has repeatedly called the media "fake news" and "the enemy of the people." Following the discovery of multiple packages sent to people whom the President has spoken against as political enemies, as well as a suspicious package in CNN's New York bureau at the Time Warner Center on Wednesday, Trump tweeted Thursday that "a very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News."

more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/politics/obama-detroit-milwaukee-rally/index.html

Well, Bammy, ya know NBC was just outed as having sat on news that could have cleared Kavanaugh, but maybe That's not fake in your little world.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bammy was pretty good at vilifing Christians every chance he had.

'They cling to their guns and their God'. <- which is a perfect description of Muslims, btw

'Excusing the Muslim holocaust against Christians in the M.E. by saying "Christians shouldn't get on their high horse" because the the 1100AD to 1300AD Crusades.' <- it is hard to believe that Hussein is still pissed off about the Crusades that happened a thousand years ago. Essentially he said that Christians are just as bad as ISIS.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Always keep the enemy on the defensive by accusing him of what you, yourself are doing."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It's Alinsky's model to" Accuse the Other Side of That Which You Are Guilty” And it is effective because:

It immediately puts the innocent opposition on the defensive.

The innocent opposition has to waste valuable time refuting a lie and not addressing the issue.

It has perverse consequences of making the innocent guilty and guilty innocent

Its impact is asymmetrical, falsely accusing the innocent elicits a completely different response than truthfully accusing the guilty.

Falsely accusing the innocent catches them completely unprepared, there are infinite numbers of false accusations one can draw from, and there is no way to prepare or anticipate all of them.

The guilty knows of their true guilt, they know what they truly did, and they have time to prepare a thoroughly deceitful response to hide their guilt.

The accusation is what makes the headlines, the retraction gets printed on page 6 if at all.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's Alinsky's model to" Accuse the Other Side of That Which You Are Guilty” And it is effective because:

The innocent opposition has to waste valuable time refuting a lie and not addressing the issue.

Its impact is asymmetrical, falsely accusing the innocent elicits a completely different response than truthfully accusing the guilty.

Falsely accusing the innocent catches them completely unprepared, there are infinite numbers of false accusations one can draw from, and there is no way to prepare or anticipate all of them.

The guilty knows of their true guilt, they know what they truly did, and they have time to prepare a thoroughly deceitful response to hide their guilt.

The accusation is what makes the headlines, the retraction gets printed on page 6 if at all.

The Rats have been doing this as long as I can remember (late 70's).  It got really bad, since Clinton on down.  I just don't remember McGovern being like this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

The thing that amazes me is that none of these people see their hypocrasy.  It's amazing.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I really don't care what he says anymore.  To me he's irrelevant.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It also reduces accusations of actual deeds to the "I know you are but what am I?" level, a weak position to attack from when the opposition is actually guilty.  The Left are masters of this technique.

You still gotta get there firstest with the mostest, and with the MSM squarely on the Left, that's tough to do. Still too many leaks  so the Dems get their screed in first.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
F*&$ 0bummo...a walking and breathing POS if there ever was one, next to Jimmy Carter. 
Just pandering to his Godless, hypocritical sycophants.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
F*&$ 0bummo...a walking and breathing POS if there ever was one, next to Jimmy Carter. 
Just pandering to his Godless, hypocritical sycophants.
He is what he always has been--a mouthpiece for those behind him pulling the strings. Recall, he only sounds smooth when he stays on script. He is/was a figurehead for the Alinskyite global communists.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Empty suit minus teleprompter.

! No longer available

No one home.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ConstitutionRose

Since he is out of office, his primary tone has been petulant and "look at me, I'm important".
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.