Author Topic: Latinos are waking up to the duplicity of the Democrats  (Read 323 times)

Offline endicom

Latinos are waking up to the duplicity of the Democrats
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:22:51 am »
San Francisco Chronicle
Ruben Navarette, Jr.
Oct. 25, 2018

With a little more than a week left until the midterm elections, Democrats appear to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The matchups were theirs to lose, and they seem poised to underperform in a bunch of them.

A reader recently asked me: “I don’t understand why Latinos are not motivated to vote against a bigoted POTUS and willing enablers.”

I can help with that. The answer has to do with how Latinos feel about Donald Trump, and how they feel about Democrats as an alternative.

As for Mr. Trump and the Latinos, that’s a complicated relationship. Trump began his campaign for president by kicking Mexicans in the teeth, calling them rapists and drug traffickers. He also showed his ignorance about immigration when he said that Mexico doesn’t send their best people to the United States when that is exactly who they send — dreamers, doers and risk-takers.

More... https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/navarrette/amp/Latinos-are-waking-up-to-the-duplicity-of-the-13337404.php?__twitter_impression=true