Author Topic: Tehran Recognizes Iran Opposition as the Alternative; So Should We  (Read 248 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Rudy Giuliani
Oct. 28, 2018

The American Iranian diaspora that stands against the regime in Iran last month came to New York, my city, as the international community does during the annual United Nations General Assembly meetings. For the ninth time, I had the honor of addressing them.

We have an obligation to listen to what the Iranian people have been saying over the past nine months in their continuous nationwide protests. I am one of a large bipartisan group of former governors, mayors, military leaders, senior administration officials and members of Congress, who agree on one critical foreign policy, as the Iranian people do: Iran is entitled to freedom and democracy, and should be led by those who have fought for it and with whom America can find its best allies.

We strongly support the largest and most organized Iranian opposition, known as the Mujahedin e-Khalq (MEK). It is very important to realize that fundamental change in Iran requires organization, leadership, a platform, endurance, competence, and sacrifice, and the one group that the regime feels has all those characteristics is the MEK. The one leader that Tehran fears the most is Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the president-elect of the broader coalition of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) which includes the MEK as a member.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/rudygiuliani/2018/10/28/tehran-recognizes-iran-opposition-as-the-alternative-so-should-we-n2532601