Author Topic: Breaking-Pittsburgh police confirms active shooter at synagogue, multiple victims reported  (Read 8225 times)

Online mountaineer

An apartment in Baldwin is a far cry from a $1.6 million home on Cheat Lake. Something wasn't right about the story that he owned a WV business!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So many conflicting points.

If he was an Atheist, he was not Christian or Muslim, why would he give damn about Jews? Why would an Atheist care about what Jews do religiously?

If he was a Democrat, there is no more solid Democrat base than the Jewish vote. So it is not political.

If he was Green Party, again a lot of Jews are members of and support the Green Party.

As far as not voting for Trump, and never touching a MAGA hat, again that is a very Jewish trait.

His world view seems to be very much in line with most American Jews. I wonder what his problem was with Jews. What was he pissed off about? Hell, politically he was one of their brothers. I don't get it?

Except for the listing himself as Muslim (which he may have done as a joke) his profile could fit millions of Jews in America.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:02:31 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No matter what the guys real motivations or party affiliation et al is...two things are for certain to happen with the left and the MSM:

1) It will be Trump's fault

2) The gun grabbers will start a renewed push to take away the scary black rifles and any other gun they think they can ban in violation of the 2A.

Completely correct, kind sir.

What they are pushing for, what they proposing. What they have been working towards.

I know. I am an ignorant ashhole. But the head , the heart, is in the right place. If it comes down to cannon fodder, I will be your sandbag. All I ask, in return. Shoot to kill.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Completely correct, kind sir.

What they are pushing for, what they proposing. What they have been working towards.

I know. I am an ignorant ashhole. But the head , the heart, is in the right place. If it comes down to cannon fodder, I will be your sandbag. All I ask, in return. Shoot to kill.

I won't miss.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

A lot of people are tut-tutting that Trump dared mention that there was no armed guard at the synagogue. Yes, it's a sad day in America that we have to consider arming our places of worship, but this is where we are - whether you're Jewish, Christian or Hindu. Thank goodness that there are people with concealed carry permits who carry their weapons to church or synagogue as a matter of course, even if they're not part of an organized security team. We all saw what happened at the Sikh temple, at the little church in Texas, at the Charleston church, and now in Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh.

I'll be carrying tomorrow as I sit in the choir loft. We have a security team meeting Monday evening. Thank God for the foresight of the folks from my congregation!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:20:31 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Without regard to any kind of coordinated 'conspiracy' or anything like that, just distantly and objectively, it is weird that these attacks would happen just days before an election.

Even if it is not planned or intended, these attacks are affecting the elections. Which side is benefiting is still undetermined.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan
‏Verified account @RT_Erdogan
6h6 hours ago

I condemn the terror attack against a Pittsburgh synagogue and extend my heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and to the American people.

Turkey unequivocally condemns all forms of terrorism in all parts of the world regardless of their targets.

https://twitter.com/RT_Erdogan/status/1056252632073977856

Offline Applewood

An apartment in Baldwin is a far cry from a $1.6 million home on Cheat Lake. Something wasn't right about the story that he owned a WV business!

Stuff like this why I tend to shy away from unofficial reports and rumors which always come out in thr first hours after a tragedy like this.  Remember when Stephen Paddock shot up a crowd at Mandalay Bay in Vegas?  Someone posted a photo of "Stephen Paddock" but the real shooter looked nothing like that photo. A name like Robert Bowers is fairly common -- as I said before, my former eye doctor had that name and I know he wouldn't shoot anyone.  It's easy to come up with information on the wrong person.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:17:11 am by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

Hundreds gather for vigil honoring victims in Squirrel Hill shooting

About 2,000 people from the Pittsburgh community have turned out for a vigil Saturday night to honor the 11 victims of Saturday morning’s mass shooting at a Squirrel Hill synagogue.

…

Hundreds more attended an interfaith service earlier in the evening at the Sixth Presbyterian Church at the corner of Murray and Forbes. About an hour later, attendees joined others for the outdoor vigil.

…

Also, on Sunday an interfaith community gathering and vigil is scheduled at 5 p.m. at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall in Oakland. The vigil was being coordinated by the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.

Excerpt.  More at:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-gather-for-vigil-honoring-victims-in-squirrel-hill-shooting/ar-BBOYZC4?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline Applewood

29 federal charges filed against shooting suspect Robert Bowers

…
The U.S. Attorney's office Saturday night filed 29 charges against Mr. Bowers.

They include 11 counts of obstruction of exercise of religious beliefs resulting in death; 11 counts of use of a firearm to commit murder during a crime of violence; four counts of obstruction of exercise of religious beliefs resulting in bodily injury to a public safety officer and three counts of use and discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence.

The criminal complaint was signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert C. Mitchell at 8:05 p.m.

The U.S. Attorney's office said the complaint and supporting affidavit will be available at a news conference at 9 a.m. on Sunday.

More at:

www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2018/10/27/squirrel-hill-synagogue-shooting-suspect-pittsburgh-mass-officers-victims-casualties/stories/201810270072

Offline TomSea

Trump Says He Will Travel To Pennsylvania City After 11 Killed In Synagogue Massacre

File photo shows the synagogue in the Pennsylvania city of Pittsburgh, where 11 people were shot dead on October 27.

U.S. President Donald Trump says he will travel to Pittsburgh after a shooter opened fire during a baby-naming ceremony at a synagogue in the Pennsylvania city, killing 11 people.

Trump told reporters during a visit to Illinois for a political rally on October 27 that he would soon travel to the city, but he did not provide details.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-synagogue-massacre-trump-visit/29567458.html

Offline Applewood

Really  wish he wouldn't come here,  The city had enough politicians running around the crime scene today sporting their pretend frowny faces for the cameras.  We don't need another one.

Offline TomSea

It's been some years ago but Trump was awarded the Tree of Life award by the JNF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_National_Fund_Tree_of_Life_Award

Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson, Al Gore also have received it.

Offline TomSea

The Jerusalem Post
‏Verified account @Jerusalem_Post
2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING Trump orders flags to be flown at half-staff on federal buildings http://dlvr.it/QpkDhK

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1056367973445685248

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Israel News Feed
‏ @IsraelHatzolah
4h4 hours ago

TEL AVIV: The municipal building in Israel lights up in the colors of the American flag in solidarity with victims of the deadly Pittsburgh synagogue massacre.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Israel News Feed
‏ @IsraelHatzolah
4h4 hours ago

TEL AVIV: The municipal building in Israel lights up in the colors of the American flag in solidarity with victims of the deadly Pittsburgh synagogue massacre.
:thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

Really  wish he wouldn't come here,  The city had enough politicians running around the crime scene today sporting their pretend frowny faces for the cameras.  We don't need another one.
Wolf was tolerable, but Peduto needs a pie to the face. (Just kidding, not calling for acts of violence).

The question is whether the left can get a grip if Trump comes. Will they engage in their usual Antifa-style extremely violent protests, even when he's visiting to express sympathy for a city shaken by an act of extreme violence? I fear they will be so blinded by their hatred, they won't care about just how hideous that makes them look.

Online mountaineer

Victims identified:
The 11 victims that were killed in the shooting were identified as:

Joyce Fienburg, 75-year-old, of Oakland
    Richard Gottfried, 65-years-old, of Ross Township
    Rose Mallinger, 97-years-old, of Squirrel Hill
    Jerry Rabinowitz, 66-years-old, of Edgewood
    Cecil Rosenthal, 59-years-old, of Squirrel Hill
    David Rosenthal, 54-years0old, of Squirrel Hill
    Bernice Simon, 84-years-old, of Wilkinsburg
    Sylvan Simon, 86-years-old, of Wilkinsburg
    Daniel Stein, 71-years-old, of Squirrel Hill
    Melvin Wax, 88-years-old, of Squirrel Hill
    Irving Younger, 69-years-old, of Mt. Washington
KDKA

Offline Victoria33

@Freya

I was so afraid the baby who was there had been killed, wiping out his whole life ahead of him.  I thank God he is okay.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A person who slaughters old people at an event for a baby.    **nononono*

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
My heart is breaking for the families. It seems the whole world is going crazy or maybe it has been since the beginning.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Imagine....a survivor of a WWII concentration camp reaching the age of 97...ambulate enough to make it to a great grandson's bris...to die in HIS temple in Pittsburgh, at the hands of a maniac.    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

Tim Hendes, @thindes on Twitter, designed this:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

GAB is good if twitter boots someone for not being politically correct and their offense is not really that bad, say, criticizing Islam or something..... but the draw back is when the real crazies like this guy can sound off and say despicable things.  I'm not sure where the line is.

Article on gab from the Jerusalem Post:
https://www.jpost.com/International/Gab-the-alt-right-Twitter-used-by-antisemitic-Pittsburgh-shooter-570516?fbclid=IwAR1fL3go4qg5_JRH_4E0cnuS6UJo2ywA9-cua2Ou2Nu-GNmJi5kLU4-JTxU

Not sure if Gab is fully-up right now, I'd follow some of the "Britain First" website who I don't believe ever posted outright objectionable horrible things, I know they got booted from other social media.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:53:32 pm by TomSea »