Author Topic: Mexico announces aid options for Central American migrants  (Read 1336 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Mexico announces aid options for Central American migrants
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 07:26:12 pm »
The more support he gets from "We the people" then more he can do for "We the people". I just
don't understand why some people don't get it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 07:51:14 pm »
Sadly, you just proved my point Chosen Daughter.  The one guy who could get us out of this mess gets nothing but whining from you and people like you.

You could say that if illegal immigration had actually decreased since Trump has taken office but it hasn't.  It has increased dramatically.  Actually now we have chain caravans also.  And where did I prove your point?

If he was the man he proclaims to be he would stop it.  He wouldn't say one thing and do another.  We are at the point that we can no longer wait for next election.  We can't wait for Democrats to vote for immigration.  Trump needs to play his cards.  Make the deal even if its unpopular.

No more funding bills.  Declare State of Emergency and play hardball.  Caving doesn't cut it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 08:07:10 pm »
And @Emjay Insurance here in Washington State is set to go up an average of 19%.  Where is the action of health insurance that Trump promised?

https://patch.com/washington/across-wa/steep-increase-wa-aca-health-insurance-rates-possible-2019

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/news/health-insurers-propose-19-percent-average-rate-increase-washingtons-individual-market

Maybe you can pay to raise the increased number of immigrants coming into America's families but I can't.  I work in manufacturing.  Not only have wages been lowered by low income illegal aliens in my job market but cost of living keeps going up.  Some of that cost is to cover all the benefits of illegal immigrants.

So you can keep on keeping on with the criticism, and I will keep on holding Trumps feet to the fire.  Until it isn't just a campaign rally.  Until we actually see illegal immigration decreasing.  Till there are no more reports of thousands heading to America for me to support.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 08:31:54 pm »
The more support he gets from "We the people" then more he can do for "We the people". I just
don't understand why some people don't get it.

Hey, @jpsb I've bought 'em books and I've bought 'em books but they just won't learn.

I don't understand it, either.  It's not only unfair, it's self-defeating.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »
You could say that if illegal immigration had actually decreased since Trump has taken office but it hasn't.  It has increased dramatically.  Actually now we have chain caravans also.  And where did I prove your point?

If he was the man he proclaims to be he would stop it.  He wouldn't say one thing and do another.  We are at the point that we can no longer wait for next election.  We can't wait for Democrats to vote for immigration.  Trump needs to play his cards.  Make the deal even if its unpopular.

No more funding bills.  Declare State of Emergency and play hardball.  Caving doesn't cut it.

How can he do it alone?

If he tried his perennial critics would be hand wringing about dictatorships & such.

Believe me on this issue I’d love it if he just went hog wild and did what it would take. But that’d probably be illegal.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:41:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 10:06:26 pm »
How can he do it alone?

If he tried his perennial critics would be hand wringing about dictatorships & such.

Believe me on this issue I’d love it if he just went hog wild and did what it would take. But that’d probably be illegal.

What is illegal is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION it is against the law yet we continue to let it happen.  I suspect that Trump did not imagine that it would increase on his watch but it has.  Rhetoric without action is a megaphone screaming come in.

And also if you believe that those people at Trump rallies were shouting for immigration reform then hog wild is the answer. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:09:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 10:12:27 pm »
How can he do it alone?

Agree @skeeter   What Mexico has offered and the migrants have declined sounds like it puts the President on legal ground to reject all claims of "asylum"; internationally and nationally.  If they are job seekers and not asylum seekers, they can be turned away and told to get to the back of the line.

Mexico offering asylum and migrants saying "no" may just be the pivotal change the President needs.

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 10:17:01 pm »

So you can keep on keeping on with the criticism, and I will keep on holding Trumps feet to the fire. 

All your tag lines refer to the US Constitution.  Yet you seem unaware that Congress passes the laws.  I'm having a difficult time reconciling the contradictions your posts present. 

Can you explain this?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 10:21:51 pm »
All your tag lines refer to the US Constitution.  Yet you seem unaware that Congress passes the laws.  I'm having a difficult time reconciling the contradictions your posts present. 

Can you explain this?

@Chosen Daughter

Interesting. Federal judges, one single person (judge) are ruling against the rule of law. Can you explain this?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 10:25:48 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

Interesting. Federal judges, one single person (judge) are ruling against the rule of law. Can you explain this?

Before we venture into the Judicial Branch, can we please establish a clear understanding of the Legislative role in immigration policy and law?  It's pretty damn straight forward.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 10:30:43 pm »
Agree @skeeter   What Mexico has offered and the migrants have declined sounds like it puts the President on legal ground to reject all claims of "asylum"; internationally and nationally.  If they are job seekers and not asylum seekers, they can be turned away and told to get to the back of the line.

Mexico offering asylum and migrants saying "no" may just be the pivotal change the President needs.

We've got to find a way to process them that doesn't involve "ok, go enjoy your stay in the US but be sure to return on this date for your hearing".

They need to go from the processing center to a bus headed south.

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2018, 10:35:46 pm »
We've got to find a way to process them that doesn't involve "ok, go enjoy your stay in the US but be sure to return on this date for your hearing".

They need to go from the processing center to a bus headed south.

As long as catch and release is the law of the land, I'd prefer they not reach the processing center @skeeter   It's obvious none are coming for asylum.

If they cross the border at all, I'd prefer it be to a military FOB in the desert with the blanket object of flying them all home.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2018, 10:41:23 pm »
Before we venture into the Judicial Branch, can we please establish a clear understanding of the Legislative role in immigration policy and law?  It's pretty damn straight forward.

Seems like there are completely established Constituional Laws passed by the Congress. Signed into existence by the Executive Branch.

It is petty damn straight forward.

Enforce the law.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2018, 10:49:12 pm »

Seems like there are completely established Constituional Laws passed by the Congress. Signed into existence by the Executive Branch.

It is petty damn straight forward.

Enforce the law.

Yes it is straight forward.  One of those laws is catch and release.  Want this changed?  Increase Republicans in Congress.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 02:48:36 am »
Yes it is straight forward.  One of those laws is catch and release.  Want this changed?  Increase Republicans in Congress.

Cite the law and not the practice.

Want this changed?

SHUT THE FCK UP AND LIVE IT.