Author Topic: DHS chief marks first section of Trump's border wall.  (Read 547 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

DHS chief marks first section of Trump's border wall.
« on: October 27, 2018, 02:53:20 am »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/dhs-chief-marks-first-section-trump-s-border-wall-it-n924941

U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen unveiled two new miles of border fencing on Friday and declared it the first new section of the President Donald Trump's border wall.

"It's different than a fence in that it also has technology. It's a full wall system," she said in Calexico, Calif., when asked about whether the 30-foot tall barrier made of steel bollards was actually just a fence. "It's a wall, this is what the president has asked us to do. It’s part of a system."

Hopefully the next thousand miles of fence are built a little more rapidly. Progress is usually made in small steps.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: DHS chief marks first section of Trump's border wall.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 03:04:28 am »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/dhs-chief-marks-first-section-trump-s-border-wall-it-n924941

Hopefully the next thousand miles of fence are built a little more rapidly. Progress is usually made in small steps.

I would love for people to click on the link and take a look at the picture of this new wall/fence and tell us what you think.

Personally, it looks to me like there is a wide enough gap between the posts that someone thin enough could fit through...perhaps its the angle of the camera lens, or there's another layer that goes over it??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 03:35:13 am »
I would love for people to click on the link and take a look at the picture of this new wall/fence and tell us what you think.

Personally, it looks to me like there is a wide enough gap between the posts that someone thin enough could fit through...perhaps its the angle of the camera lens, or there's another layer that goes over it??

It looks like a big gap when photographed at an angle, but close up head on it looks like it would take someone pretty thin to squeeze through. Also 30' tall is pretty good height.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 03:52:42 am »

No more fat illegal aliens.  Only skinny ones!  Looks to me like someone could fit through too.  What I want to know is why sections?  Start the wall and end it at the end of the border.  A section here and there is stupid.  How long does it take you to walk two miles?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 07:00:01 am »
No more fat illegal aliens.  Only skinny ones!  Looks to me like someone could fit through too.  What I want to know is why sections?  Start the wall and end it at the end of the border.  A section here and there is stupid.  How long does it take you to walk two miles?
40 minutes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 10:51:38 am »
It looks like a big gap when photographed at an angle, but close up head on it looks like it would take someone pretty thin to squeeze through. Also 30' tall is pretty good height.

Border security has asked for a wall they can see through ... they don't want their view of what's behind it blocked.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 11:31:11 am »

Congress hasn't budgeted the money for an entire wall.  Now, it's not a fence or wall, but a barrier.  Of all the prototypes, that were given, this one was picked?  Poor choice.  Not only can it be seen through but it appears it can be fit through.  Looks like kids could fit through with no problem.

A solid wall like the on in Israel would be appropriate and effective.  No need to see through it.  The technology is there to be able to see through it from one side, our monitor it with surveillance or drones.

Hopefully these are just the beginning posts for the panels to come.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 11:31:42 am »
Border security has asked for a wall they can see through ... they don't want their view of what's behind it blocked.

Right.