Author Topic: Trump rejects calls to temper rhetoric: 'I think I've been toned down'  (Read 805 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump rejects calls to temper rhetoric: 'I think I've been toned down'
By Jordan Fabian - 10/26/18 05:13 PM EDT

President Trump on Friday rejected calls to temper his political rhetoric in the aftermath of a nationwide bomb scare involving many prominent Democrats with whom he has traded barbs.

"I think I've been toned down, if you want to know the truth," Trump told reporters before leaving the White House for a campaign event in North Carolina.

The president reiterated his belief that the news media has been "unfair" to him, a point he said he could make in more pointed terms if he wanted.

"I could really tone it up because, as you know, the media's been extremely unfair to me and to the Republican Party," Trump said.

The president was making his first comments since law enforcement officials announced the arrest of Cesar Sayoc Jr., who was charged with five federal crimes for allegedly mailing explosive devices to more than a dozen Democrats, celebrities and news organizations.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/413418-trump-rejects-calls-to-temper-rhetoric-i-think-ive-been-toned-down
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump rejects calls to temper rhetoric: 'I think I've been toned down'
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 09:55:46 pm »
A simple "after you" would've gotten the point across.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:26 pm »

"I could really tone it up because, as you know, the media's been extremely unfair to me and to the Republican Party," Trump said.

I for one hope he cranks the rhetoric up about 10 notches. The Rats are despicable. They lie about what they really want to do. They lie about conservatives. They lie about wanting good things for this country.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 12:05:41 am »

I for one hope he cranks the rhetoric up about 10 notches. The Rats are despicable. They lie about what they really want to do. They lie about conservatives. They lie about wanting good things for this country.

Well, he can crank it up all he wants, but he needs to start doing what he promised and what he says he's going to do.  Right now, I'm concerned about the thousands heading for our border and his agreement with the UN to grant asylum.   9999hair out0000
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 12:17:37 am »
Mark Knoller
Verified accountï‚™ @markknoller 

Pres uses rally speech to speak on behalf or restoring civility to the national dialogue. "Everyone will benefit if we can end the politics of personal destruction," he says, overlooking his own attacks on political adversaries and critics.

4:29 PM - 26 Oct 2018

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1055964596505403392?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Mark Knoller

Moments later, Pres warns that if Pelosi, Schumer and "radical Democrats" get control of Congress, they'll undo his policies by raising taxes, undoing the Second Amendment and eliminating strong healthcare.

4:34 PM - 26 Oct 2018

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1055966049772978176/photo/1

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:23:50 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 12:21:31 am »
Mark Knoller

Pres mentions frequent target @RepMaxineWaters, but he holds his tongue. "Now, I’m gonna be nice tonight. I won’t say it. I won't say it." Points to the press and says, "I want them to say, 'he was so nice tonight.'”

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1055973553391259650?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

At one point during the rally the crowd starting chanting "Lock her up!" ... The President waited until it died down, pointed to the media in the back and said: “Oh, boy, they’re going to be reporting about you tonight!"   The chanting turned to cheers.   :silly:

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 12:25:23 am »
Mark Knoller

Pres hints at rally that he'll have big announcement next week about enforcing border security. Cites caravan of migrants as one of the key issues of the midterm election.

5:08 PM - 26 Oct 2018

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1055974573357727744?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 12:27:00 am »
Mark Knoller

Pres uses rally for show of support for the election of GOP House candidate Mark Harris and reelection of Rep Ted Budd.  "I think they're looking pretty good, what do you think. But can't take any chances, get out and vote," he urges supporters.

4:58 PM - 26 Oct 2018

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1055971870686801920?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 12:39:22 am »
For those folks nervous that the "bomber" story has changed the dynamic of the midterms ....

Pres offers a double fist pump as he ends his 1 hr 11 min rally speech in NC with 10,000 supporters. He has another rally Saturday in Illinois, Wednesday in Florida and Thursday in Missouri. After that in West Virginia, Montana, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Tennessee and a return to Florida.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 12:57:53 am »
For those folks nervous that the "bomber" story has changed the dynamic of the midterms ....

10 fake bombs?

C'mon!

Trump isn't going to buy this October "Surprise".

He's seen them before. We? We have too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 01:17:09 am »

Yes, but why bother @Right_in_Virginia   altho I'm glad you do.

Some of our fellow briefers are so mired in negativity, it would take a crane to get them out.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 01:20:12 am »
10 fake bombs?

C'mon!

Trump isn't going to buy this October "Surprise".

He's seen them before. We? We have too.

I have never seen the media so obsessed with a non-story.

One, the 'bombs' were not even bombs.

Two, no one was hurt, no one was injured, no one received the dubious packages.

So far, it seems like another lone nutcase.  I'm a little suspicious because of the timing right before election.  Thinking maybe 'lone bomber' had some help or urging from nefarious forces.

We'll probably find out more eventually ... maybe well after the election.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 02:01:55 am »
I have never seen the media so obsessed with a non-story.

One, the 'bombs' were not even bombs.

Two, no one was hurt, no one was injured, no one received the dubious packages.

So far, it seems like another lone nutcase.  I'm a little suspicious because of the timing right before election.  Thinking maybe 'lone bomber' had some help or urging from nefarious forces.

We'll probably find out more eventually ... maybe well after the election.

....and we still may find out that he was paid by the left.  To me it also doesn't make sense that someone who leans Trump would make waves and draw attention by sending 'bombs' to those on the left ... it only makes Trump look bad and gives the MSM something to accuse him of right before the election.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 03:30:34 am »

It's good to see Trump isn't backing off. He shouldn't. The Pubs did all the right things. They immediately condemned the bombs and when the bomber was arrested Trump immediately praised law enforcement. Any one paying attention knows the Rats haven't done any of these things when their supporters intimidate, harass and even kill Pubs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 10:46:28 am »

Some of our fellow briefers are so mired in negativity, it would take a crane to get them out.

I agree @Emjay  But the repetitious negativity is not healthy for the handful of Briefers dominating the discussions nor is it healthy for the site.

A little balance can go a long way for both.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 11:44:43 am »

NeverTrumpers say

â€œCome over to the dark side”     

:silly: