Author Topic: Exclusive — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: ‘No Longer Just Republicans Versus Democrats; It’s  (Read 12652 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If mankind is bad why would he have done that, or come in the first place? God is pure and good; why would he bother with a bad humanity? Surely there must have been something worth saving. Not all humans performed the evil that saw him killed. I don't know; again, that's the only way it all makes sense to me. I can't operate within a world where I believe people are naturally bad without being depressed all the time. It doesn't feel natural to me.

Yes, of course there is something worth saving in us.  And, God is all.  Whatever that means.  I don't pretend to understand as I know we are incapable of doing so.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If mankind is bad why would he have done that, or come in the first place? God is pure and good; why would he bother with a bad humanity?

Because He has plans for us that go beyond this rock we are on.   If He did not allow The Word to empty Himself of divinity to become Flesh and become the perfect sacrifice for sin - then we would live out our miserable lives and die and there would be no purpose to our existence whatsoever.   All the efforts made to uphold morality and serving others, would be for nothing and serve no purpose beyond temporary gratification.  We would simply live, die and cease to exist.

Surely there must have been something worth saving.

Not of ourselves there isn't.  God's love for us, His mercy towards His creation, his children which were made in His image, is what makes saving us possible.

It's nothing we have done, because all mankind is has shown God is that they prefer the gods of their own imaginations to Him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

A human being put ink to paper to write the very first Bible, and correct me if I'm wrong but that happened quite a while after Jesus died. So much has happened and people can be so corrupt and confused sometimes. Yeah, I do wonder if nothing has been misinterpreted or perverted since the time of Jesus of Nazareth.

Wrong on all counts.
The earliest Old Testament evidence is 1600BC, oldest exemplars range from 300BC forward.
The earliest New Testament evidence is first century, with earliest exemplars  within 300 years.

As far as the text is concerned, I invite you to study the structures and encryption within the text. STUNNING evidence that will change your mind.

Especially the books of Moses. Torah. The encryption in those five books is so thick, that it can only be there if every_single_letter is still exactly in place.

The Bible is nothing short of a miracle in itself. Go study it out.
You'd have nothing to lose but your ignorance.

I wonder that especially because it makes no sense to me that a perfect God would create something in his image that is bad by nature.

He didn't = Thus the curse upon Man since the Garden. The curse has corrupted Mankind.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think technology will unify humanity. We unfortunately missed the boat by a handful of generations, but technology is very close to ending an extremely large amount of human strife, assuming we don't destroy ourselves somehow first. If humans of the future can master DNA and unlock the secrets of how our brains work they might even figure out how to live forever.
an answer to the nirvana you predict.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,338242.0.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
12 pages? Daaamn! Controversial topic I guess!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My specialty.  :laugh:

Let's just say you might notice a pattern where a certain poster shows up, posts about 20 posts, all about three or four words, followed by 186 links to their blog, all in about 90 seconds.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.