Author Topic: Exclusive — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: ‘No Longer Just Republicans Versus Democrats; It’s  (Read 12745 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

It's ridiculous that people that weren't even born when this debt bullshit started have inherited the problem and have no way out. How in the hell are people ever going to pay such a ridiculous number back to banks? They can't. This is the American public being enslaved by big banks.

Ignoring the last sentence, I'm glad to see you post this.

This is exactly why we heartless conservatives/libertarians don't want to see them saddled with even more debt by giving them "free" education and healthcare and ponies that we are not going to pay for.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

This is exactly why we heartless conservatives/libertarians don't want to see them saddled with even more debt by giving them "free" education and healthcare and ponies that we are not going to pay for.

HEAR! HEAR!
 :beer:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I think it's ridiculous that money prevents us from expanding education and healthcare. There has to be a way.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online roamer_1

Banks regulate the government that regulates the banks.

Have you heard of the golden rule?

:pondering:

Not in a fiat system. Only one entity has the ability to print money.

You don't think the banks deserve any part in the blame? I bet they were more than happy to lend that money.

If they acted in good faith, no.  Certainly no more than the private investors, mutual funds, and pension funds who were more than happy to lend that money.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

I think it's ridiculous that money prevents us from expanding education and healthcare. There has to be a way.

There is. Stop trying to use the government.
Let the free market determine the costs.
Let the free market determine the courses at college.
Let the free market determine the procedures for health.

Make them compete and prices will spiral downward, and services will increase.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:33:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Dexter

Not in a fiat system. Only one entity has the ability to print money.

The banks and the government are in bed together.
-Socrates

Online roamer_1

The banks and the government are in bed together.

OK.
Not to be too blunt, but in baseball terms, who do you think is the pitcher, and who the catcher in that relationship?

Offline Dexter

OK.
Not to be too blunt, but in baseball terms, who do you think is the pitcher, and who the catcher in that relationship?

Whoever has the most money is the pitcher. Individual government officials are easily bought off.
-Socrates

Money doesn't prevent anything.  It's simply a tool to facilitate the transfer of wealth.

If you mean that the problem is that education and healthcare are too expensive, remember that they got that way because we screwed with the free market.  One could argue that we just didn't screw with it in the right way.  One could argue that over and over until being handed a "Nobel" prize in economics.  Or one could argue that we should STOP screwing around and let them go back to being affordable again. 

There's a crazy though, try the approach that actually worked.

Online roamer_1

Whoever has the most money is the pitcher. Individual government officials are easily bought off.

Here's a clue: It never ends with tyrannical bankers forcing people to take out loans.

Offline Axeslinger

Would you, your family and people you know not benefit from not paying health insurance and having unlimited access to doctors without increased cost? Are there no young people in your life that would really benefit from not going into debt for college? You shouldn't be forced to do anything, but some taxes are necessary to run a nation. Some more taxes could make the nation you live in the undisputed best in more than just its killing capability. I want our country to be the envy of the world and it really just isn't anymore. I think giving our bright young minds as much opportunity as possible is how we get back to that.

@Dexter

So you’re willing to enforce your scheme of FORCING other people to sacrifice the fruits of THEIR labor?  And you’re willing to do that at the point of a gun if necessary?  Because don’t fool yourself, if you task the government with redistributing wealth like that, it is ALWAYS under the threat of lethal force.

There is no right to healthcare and there is no right to education.  Sadly people are always gonna die and not sadly, the world needs ditch diggers too.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Here's a clue: It never ends with tyrannical bankers forcing people to take out loans.

But the govt could force the banks to make loans they otherwise wouldn't.  Wonder how that would work out.  Probably pretty good, until it didn't.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's ridiculous that people that weren't even born when this debt bullshit started have inherited the problem and have no way out. How in the hell are people ever going to pay such a ridiculous number back to banks? They can't. This is the American public being enslaved by big banks.

And, that sums up the moral, ethical and practical problem.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@Dexter, while we are discussing the reality and charcteristics of the universe that we live in, you may find this interesting: 

The mathematical law that shows why wealth flows to the 1%

No one who is interested in an equitable society can fail to be irked by unfairness in wealth distribution – but it is not unexpected

One of the main issues raised by the Occupy demonstrators is the inequitable distribution of wealth. Their slogan focuses on the extreme difference between the richest and the poorest: "We are the 99%," say the banners and T-shirts, pointing out that 1% of the world's population has somehow clawed its way to disproportionate money and power. Time to do something about this unnatural distribution, no?

The economist Edward N Wolff, of New York University, has pointed out that, as of 2007, the top 1% of households in America owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% had 50.5% of the wealth. This means that just 20% of the people owned 85% of the wealth, leaving only 15% for the bottom 80% of the people. No one who is interested in an equitable society can fail to be irked by this unfairness.

But the unfairness is, unfortunately, not unexpected. What the protesters are fighting (consciously or unconsciously) is the 80/20 rule – variously called Pareto's principle, Zipf's law, the long tail or Benford's law, depending on what you are studying – a staple in scientific, economic and business textbooks, the go-to idea to show how the frequency of a set of natural events is not always what you might recognise as, well, natural....

...Power law distributions, however, do not cluster around a single value. The impact of one big earthquake, for example, is bigger than the sum of millions of smaller, more common ones. Very few huge solar flares erupt from the surface of the sun, but those few are more significant than the endless thousands of smaller ones. The same applies to the numbers of big cities, the size of the Moon's craters and the occurrence and citations of scientific papers....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/nov/11/occupy-movement-wealth-power-law-distribution

Also:  https://jamesclear.com/the-1-percent-rule

Online roamer_1

But the govt could force the banks to make loans they otherwise wouldn't.  Wonder how that would work out.  Probably pretty good, until it didn't.

Yeah... funny how that works.

No doubt banks and businesses can become tyrannical ('I owe my soul to the company store' is a real thing). But in a capitalist non-fiat system, at least they, like everyone else, are subject to market forces in the economy.

Only the government, powered by unicorn farts and massive military assets, can make a thing of fantasy... Like 'free' schools and hospitals and unending debt...

But the thing with fantasies... Sooner or later, reality will impose itself again. And the lesson is always painful

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But the thing with fantasies... Sooner or later, reality will impose itself again. And the lesson is always painful

Horrifyingly so.

And those who are unprepared, do not survive at all.

Perhaps not even with what little faith they once had.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

Horrifyingly so.

And those who are unprepared, do not survive at all.

Perhaps not even with what little faith they once had.

And so very few are prepared at all...
Used to be a garden in every back yard, and canned goods in the basement...
Used to be that local growers serviced their community by growing and selling fresh local meat, fruit,  and vegetables...
Used to be that gasoline, and certainly diesel and kerosene, lasted indefinitely in storage.
Used to be that local, or at least regional warehouses had vast inventories readily available.

Cities, towns, even regions could persevere in the face of catastrophes.
This time, when it tips over, it is going to be so very, very bad.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This time, when it tips over, it is going to be so very, very bad.

Currencies and economies wholly based upon nothing but faith and confidence always do.

History teaches this lesson, and sadly - we think we are invincible.

Yet God is going to laugh at us in the hour of our calamity when it comes and we cry out in anguish.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline berdie

Most of us are enslaved by government debt we had no part of creating @Dexter .  It's not something new.

I like being around optimistic people like you. You kinda give me hope.

After you go to Europe and find out it ain't all happy, happy, joy, joy...please let me know how you are doing.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Most of us are enslaved by government debt we had no part of creating @Dexter .  It's not something new.

I like being around optimistic people like you. You kinda give me hope.

After you go to Europe and find out it ain't all happy, happy, joy, joy...please let me know how you are doing.

@Dexter That's right Happy Happy Joy Joy Dexter.  Let me mock you for thinking about freedom in America you dum cuk.  Best you can hope for is Trump.

I am joking @Dexter
The people who mock you are already dead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Money makes the world go round. You're a child if you believe otherwise.

Welcome to adulting, son.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think people are born good, and that a cruel and unforgiving world makes them mistrustful and selfish. If the world we all grew up in wasn't so cruel and unforgiving maybe so many people wouldn't lose their light along the way.
There in a nutshell is your main problem.

You never read the Bible, as the Creator said otherwise.  I trust Him rather than you.

Or perhaps you did and simply reject it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Dexter

I guess I'll put aside the disagreement on what is or isn't possible and just say this...

If we can't do these things, if they are in fact impossible, I really don't see how we win the long game against China. China and their way of life will sweep the globe in the time after we're gone. If America and its culture are to continue leading the world young people really need your help. That's the only way. Otherwise our influence will fade and we will no longer lead the world. To me if these things are possible and we don't do them, and that leads to a loss of American influence, that means we failed our country. As nationalists we must do whatever it takes to ensure continued American dominance on the world stage.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

There in a nutshell is your main problem.

You never read the Bible, as the Creator said otherwise.  I trust Him rather than you.

Or perhaps you did and simply reject it.

I don't deny God but I also don't assume people couldn't have misunderstood God's message at all when they wrote the Bible.
-Socrates