Author Topic: White House worried about GOP chances in key Florida races: report  (Read 267 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House worried about GOP chances in key Florida races: report
By John Bowden - 10/26/18 09:34 AM EDT

The White House fears that Democrats could overcome Republicans in key Florida races, a scenario that could complicate President Trump's plans to campaign for reelection in the state.

Politico reports that two people familiar with Trump's plans say that the president will visit Florida at least twice before the upcoming midterm elections next month in the hopes of cementing support for both Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) in his senatorial bid against Sen. Bill Nelson (D) and Rep. Ron DeSantis (R), who is running for governor.

Top Republican allies in the state say told the news outlet that Democratic strength in the state ahead of the midterms should have the White House "worried."

“A Gov. Gillum would be a significant obstacle for a Trump presidential campaign in Florida, and a Gov. DeSantis would be a significant asset,”“A Gov. Gillum would be a significant obstacle for a Trump presidential campaign in Florida, and a Gov. DeSantis would be a significant asset,” Mac Stipanovich, a GOP lobbyist, told Politico.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/413292-white-house-worried-about-gop-chances-in-key-florida-races-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: White House worried about GOP chances in key Florida races: report
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 08:39:37 pm »
A governor Gillum would be a disaster for Florida.  He's a gun rights grabber. I find it troubling and surprising that DeSantis who is  ex-military and a very conservative Congressman is so behind in the polls.

As for Scott, I believed he sealed his fate when he softened on the 2A.  I think he thought it was going to help with votes and in fact did just the opposite.  I think we will see Nelson seated (again).
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.