Author Topic: Defaming Prophet Muhammad not free expression, European court rules  (Read 439 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Yikes.

https://www.trtworld.com/europe/defaming-prophet-muhammad-not-free-expression-european-court-rules-21125?fbclid=IwAR1XZjxRGTiRazl_4L_-Vq5lHn3WyjybLHLUbpFjierbz-AuNv9yKSsQCqc

Defaming the Prophet Muhammad “goes beyond the permissible limits of an objective debate" and "could stir up prejudice and put at risk religious peace” and thus exceeds the permissible limits of freedom of expression, ruled the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) on Thursday, upholding a lower court decision.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Defaming Prophet Muhammad not free expression, European court rules
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 03:28:26 am »
It doesn't surprise me, they need to show some intestinal fortitude.

That TRT is a reasonably good website, I never noted it before until the last few days. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRT_World  From Turkey, they are a bit like al Jazeera, some "foreign" type writers, I saw someone with an Italian type of name.

Screw over the Muslims' beliefs and you are inciting violence, silly decision.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 03:37:22 am by TomSea »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Defaming Prophet Muhammad not free expression, European court rules
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 03:01:30 am »
There is certainty that any similar defamation of Christianity in Europe would be simply overlooked in this hypocritical and utterly predictable move by a failed entity, the EU which basically supports further erosion of the EU membership.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington