Author Topic: Every Single Person Needs To Read This Devastating Obituary That's Going Viral  (Read 551 times)

rangerrebew

Every Single Person Needs To Read This Devastating Obituary That's Going Viral

By Tom Hale
18 Oct 2018, 18:42

The obituary of a young mother has been shared thousands of times for bringing humanity, insight, and honesty to the faceless statistics of North America’s opioid epidemic. 

Madelyn Linsenmeir, aged 30, died of an opioid drug overdose earlier this month on October 7. She was a mother, a daughter, a sister, a niece, a cousin, and a friend. Her sister wrote a touching obituary for her in The Burlington Free Press over the past weekend, which has since gained an incredible amount of attention online.

"It is impossible to capture a person in an obituary, and especially someone whose adult life was largely defined by drug addiction," the obituary reads.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/this-devastating-obituary-shows-the-tragic-reality-behind-opioid-addiction/all/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A sad story.  Time to upgrade the pressure to take painkillers away from the chronic pain sufferers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A sad story.  Time to upgrade the pressure to take painkillers away from the chronic pain sufferers.

NO.But time for the medical profession to improve their skill at determining the difference between a 94 yr. old chronic sufferer, and a 20 something abuser, that may be selling his meds to friends.

And time for the medical/treatment industry, toget better at helping people get off pain meds, when not needed medically.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Her sister:  "It is not a choice or a weakness."

FTA:  " Her relationship with opioids and addiction began at a party in her high school years with the prescription drug oxycodone, aka OxyContin."

Hence, it is a "choice" to begin using the drugs as this young woman did.

Her choices led to the addiction which led to her sad death.

Sorry, not going to change my perspective about it "being a disease".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

From what I’ve read, the majority of the abuse doesn’t come from patients.  I know someone whose doctor told her that a person in pain who needs the meds is far less likely to become addicted l.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NO.But time for the medical profession to improve their skill at determining the difference between a 94 yr. old chronic sufferer, and a 20 something abuser, that may be selling his meds to friends.

And time for the medical/treatment industry, toget better at helping people get off pain meds, when not needed medically.

Exactly...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Her sister:  "It is not a choice or a weakness."

FTA:  " Her relationship with opioids and addiction began at a party in her high school years with the prescription drug oxycodone, aka OxyContin."

Hence, it is a "choice" to begin using the drugs as this young woman did.

Her choices led to the addiction which led to her sad death.

Sorry, not going to change my perspective about it "being a disease".

She first used at a Party?  Yet, bureaucrats who's life's work is cramming square pegs in round holes will see this as just another reason to tighten up prescription rules even more.

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From what I’ve read, the majority of the abuse doesn’t come from patients.  I know someone whose doctor told her that a person in pain who needs the meds is far less likely to become addicted l.

That is true.  When I was prepping for my hip replacements I expressed concern to my Surgeon about getting addicted to the painkillers, and he told me people who really need them don't have an addiction problem.  Just stick to my schedule and tweak the dosages down on my own.  At a certain point after each surgery, I woke up one day and found Naproxin or other NSAIDs were far more effective than Hydrocodone, and simply stopped it altogether.  My remaining pain was from inflammation, not bone-break.

I don't think my experience was all that unusual.  I wanted the pain reduced, and I switched medications on my own.  I learned to become in tune to my pains through my Physical Therapy, which pains were "good" (workout pain) and which are "bad" (harming myself).  I was always mindful that the ideal pain level was not "zero" but "one."  Having a little bit of pain was the best way for me to never take more than what I needed.  If I shot for "zero," how can I know I'm not over-medicating?  There are no negative numbers in pain level.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

I refuse to read this. I don't like being told what to do.