Author Topic: Trump: Saudi Arabia's Khashoggi 'cover-up' was 'worst in the history of cover-ups'  (Read 420 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Saudi Arabia's Khashoggi 'cover-up' was 'worst in the history of cover-ups'
by Robert Donachie
 | October 23, 2018 04:26 PM

President Trump said Tuesday that Saudi Arabia has conducted one of the "worst in the history of cover-ups" after the death of Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi.

"They had a very bad original concept, it was carried out poorly, and the cover up was the worst in the history of cover ups," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. "They had the worst cover-up ever."

"Whoever thought of that idea, I think, is in big trouble. And they should be in big trouble," Trump added.

Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist, was last seen the afternoon of Oct. 2 entering the Saudi mission. Turkish investigators believe he was murdered inside the embassy, where he was to fill out paperwork for his wedding, and previously told U.S. officials they have audio and video evidence to prove it. Turkish officials claim Khashoggi was dismembered at the consulate.

Saudi Arabia's government has denied Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had any involvement in Khashoggi's death, clashing with claims by the Turkish government that bin Salman ordered a hit on the journalist.

Saudi Arabia has changed its story over time, first saying that Khashoggi had left the consulate alive, but later admitted he was dead, claiming he was killed following an interrogation that “developed in a negative way, leading to a fistfight.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-on-jamal-khashoggi-saudi-arabia-put-on-the-worst-in-the-history-of-cover-ups
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Odd.  Last Friday, he found their ridiculous explanations believable.

Asked by a reporter whether he thought Saudi Arabia's explanation for Khashoggi's death was credible, Trump said, "I do. I do." But he said before he decided what to do next, he wanted to talk to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-latest-trump-i-do-find-saudi-explanation-credible/ar-BBOBdzr
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm confused about the meaning of this. Does he mean  there have been no other cover ups of occurrences worse than this murder or does he mean the execution of the cover up was poor?

It matters for how I formulate future responses.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm confused about the meaning of this. Does he mean  there have been no other cover ups of occurrences worse than this murder or does he mean the execution of the cover up was poor?

It matters for how I formulate future responses.

He meant the execution.

Offline corbe

This ain't nothing compared to Lincoln's cover~up to justify the War of Northern Aggression.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Personally I think this is one of the worst cover ups....

Offline Frank Cannon

This ain't nothing compared to Lincoln's cover~up to justify the War of Northern Aggression.

Oh for effs sake. You lost. Get over it already.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline goatprairie

Was that about the last time the Packers went down to Dallas and whipped the Cowboys?