Author Topic: Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence  (Read 619 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence
« on: October 21, 2018, 01:33:12 pm »
Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence
NY Times, Oct 21, 2018, Erica L. Green, Katie Benner and Robert Pear

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of sex in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing sex largely as an individual’s choice — and prompting fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.

Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html?fbclid=IwAR0-M8SES_avIsnwfhFYkWXMRnEwNuzxGv7POQ97BZKILBMt5SCYZc1IU9U

Offline goatprairie

Re: Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 02:21:55 pm »
Well, I guess the "science people" might actually have to  recognize actual science. How do you think they'll react?
If you think they'll accede to science, you'd be wrong. They'll find some nutty biologist who will claim that there's approximately 86 zillion genders or something.
Which is why I always laugh when liberals claim to be the people of science.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:22 pm »
Well, I guess the "science people" might actually have to  recognize actual science. How do you think they'll react?
If you think they'll accede to science, you'd be wrong. They'll find some nutty biologist who will claim that there's approximately 86 zillion genders or something.
Which is why I always laugh when liberals claim to be the people of science.

Actually, I've heard a number of "science people" say just the opposite.  They tend to stay out of the gender wars.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 03:20:08 pm »
Actually, I've heard a number of "science people" say just the opposite.  They tend to stay out of the gender wars.

They will only need a few "science people" to jump on board and the press will plump them up to declare "everybody knows" Trump and the rest of the Republicans are anti-science bigots.  This is the pattern we've seen over and over again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 03:29:21 pm »
They will only need a few "science people" to jump on board and the press will plump them up to declare "everybody knows" Trump and the rest of the Republicans are anti-science bigots.  This is the pattern we've seen over and over again.

Exactly.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »
Okay.

Why do they call it political science?

Why do they name them, the social sciences? (such as "women's studies departments)

I believe most of this baloney derives from overeducated, under-comonsensed figures mainly on the political far left, running"higher education"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:16:21 pm »
"The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law."

Really folks --- how can you embrace traditional American/Christian values and not like this guy?

What OTHER 2016 Republican candidate would do this?

C'mon.
Don't try to b.s. me.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 10:20:15 pm »
Just another Fag reduction from an illegal executive order from our former moslum president.   Good move.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 10:39:32 pm »
What OTHER 2016 Republican candidate would do this?

C'mon.
Don't try to b.s. me.
Any one of them except Kasich.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024