Author Topic: Trump urges Dems to help craft new immigration laws: ‘Chuck & Nancy, call me!'  (Read 584 times)

rangerrebew

Trump urges Dems to help craft new immigration laws: ‘Chuck & Nancy, call me!'
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 10/20/18 11:39 AM EDT

President Trump on Saturday invited Democratic leaders to call him to discuss crafting new immigration laws, claiming Democrats are blocking new proposals.

"If the Democrats would stop being obstructionists and come together, we could write up and agree to new immigration laws in less than one hour," Trump tweeted.

The president accused Democrats of causing "needless pain and suffering" while pointing to "horrors taking place on the Border." He did not elaborate on what issues he was referring to.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/412380-trump-urges-dems-to-help-craft-new-immigration-laws-chuck-nancy

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Where the heck has the GOP been on this issue? Too late and Trump blaming them right now is nothing but playing the blame game and bogus.Keep in mind that he was willing to grant amnesty to DACA recipients. The only thing that the GOP have done is deny $$ for the wall.  Even at that the Trump administration has already agreed to allowing the U.N. to determine who gets asylum and placed in this country.  So a wall at this point, really doesn't mean squat.  They are here.  Do yo really think that the U.N. has anyway to determine who is truly seeking asylum?  All they have to say is that they fear for their lives.  Boom.  They're in.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Where the heck has the GOP been on this issue? Too late and Trump blaming them right now is nothing but playing the blame game and bogus.Keep in mind that he was willing to grant amnesty to DACA recipients. The only thing that the GOP have done is deny $$ for the wall.  Even at that the Trump administration has already agreed to allowing the U.N. to determine who gets asylum and placed in this country.  So a wall at this point, really doesn't mean squat.  They are here.  Do yo really think that the U.N. has anyway to determine who is truly seeking asylum?  All they have to say is that they fear for their lives.  Boom.  They're in.

I think Trump tweeting to Democrats right now as thousands are approaching our border is a way for him to defer any responsibility.  Were two years in now and nothing from a Republican led House and Senate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think Trump tweeting to Democrats right now as thousands are approaching our border is a way for him to defer any responsibility.  Were two years in now and nothing from a Republican led House and Senate.

Exactly.  That's what I meant by the blame game.  Trump is playing the blame game which absolutely accomplishes nothing.  Meanwhile, thousands will be given asylum.  So, what difference does it make who has the majority?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.