Author Topic: Manafort in wheelchair, facing ‘significant issues’ with health  (Read 934 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort appeared in federal court in a wheelchair on Friday and his lawyer said he’s dealing with “significant issues” tied to his health because of his confinement at a Northern Virginia jail.

The attorney, Kevin Downing, didn’t specify what the problem was in open court but a source familiar with the situation later explained the longtime GOP operative who has been confined since mid-June is dealing with an issue related to his diet and has inflammation in his foot.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/19/manafort-health-issues-916797
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Gout?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bubba...in Cell Block 5?

Usually not a foot issue.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Usually not a foot issue.

Wrong.   Yes it is Doctor feel good.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Gout?

Sure sounds like it.  Oddly, it’s historically known as the “rich man’s disease.”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Sure sounds like it.  Oddly, it’s historically known as the “rich man’s disease.”

Yes it is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

I have/had gout.  It's a form of arthritis that results from excessive purines in the diet.  Controlling the purines reduces the formation of uric acid which attacks the joints and causes the excruciating pain.  Alas, I've had to give up a lot of my favorite foods because of their excessive purine content -- beef, pork, shellfish and certain other fish and turkey.  No venison allowed either.  It's a very restricted diet, but as long as I follow it, I'm not in pain.  Trust me folks -- gout is one affliction you never want to have.

Gout has been around for centuries, principally among royalty and nobility.  Henry VIII is said to have suffered from gout as did many in his court.  Old Henry used to have enormous feasts lasting hours at which plenty of red meat, venison and such were served and consumed.  Being grossly obese as Henry was in his later years probably didn't help his gout either.  I suppose that's why gout is considered a disease of the rich.   Centuries ago, the poor couldn't afford to gorge themselves as the upper crust could.