Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren and Beto O’Rourke, Cultural Appropriators  (Read 624 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Daily Beast by Matt Lewis 10.19.18

As identity politics and victimhood become the party’s defining signals of virtue, it’s only natural that some white people want part of a more in-demand cultural identity.

Elizabeth Warren wants to be Native American. Robert Francis O’Rourke wants to be Latino. But they aren’t. And they’re being hoist on the left’s own petard.

I’m a fan of cultural appropriation. I think it’s actually healthy for the dominant society to incorporate some aspects of other cultures. This makes us more diverse, more interesting, and more tolerant. But many on the left strongly disagree with me on this. They hate themselves for loving yoga, and don’t think two white women should be able to own a burrito cart in Portland. They are adamant about it.

This leads to what some might call cognitive dissonance, or even hypocrisy. After all, the people most inclined to frequent yoga studios and burrito carts in the Pacific Northwest are rich white liberals. You know, the kinds of people who might vote for Democratic politicians like Elizabeth Warren and Robert “Beto” O’Rourke—arguably, the two most beloved darlings of the left.

Should “Beto,” as O’Rourke calls himself, and “Pocahontas,” as Trump calls Warren, get a pass on cultural appropriation? I think not.

Let’s start with Warren who, this week, decided it would be a smart idea to release a DNA test showing that she has some claim to Native American ancestry.

Regardless of whether her DNA test demonstrates a large enough percentage of Native American blood to justify Warren’s claim (the whole thing seems pathetic and laughable to me), when it comes to the specific question of cultural appropriation, the stinging rebuke issued by the Cherokee Nation is utterly damning: “Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong.”

More: https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizabeth-warren-and-beto-orourke-cultural-appropriators?ref=scroll

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Elizabeth Warren and Beto O’Rourke, Cultural Appropriators
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:00 am »
Just as the gatekeepers at Cherokee Nation felt slighted by Warren calling herself a Native American, O’Rourke has faced similar obstacles from official sanctioning bodies. Back in 2013, for example, he was deemed ineligible for membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. “For us, we have to have Hispanic descent to be in the caucus,” Kristian Ramos, the CHC's communications director, explained to the Texas Tribune.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 03:02:26 am »
It is all related to the absurd irrational Liberal idea that reality is perception. If a man believes with his bestest wish of all wishes that he is a woman...then *poof* you magically are a woman.

So Warren says, if a man can be a woman, then why can't a White Scandinavian woman be a Cherokee?
Fake name 'Beto' says, if a White woman can be a Cherokee then why can't I be Latino? (even though I am Irish)

It is all about the Liberals' squishy view of objective reality. "Reality is whatever you think it is", is kind of a nice little slogan for children. But it does not play out in the real world, as much as the Liberals want to 'force' it to. I can believe that I am the best mathematician in the world with my double dog, heart of hearts, biggest wish ever. That does not make it so, no matter how much I 'believe' it.

BTW, none of this is new to Judaism. For decades or more there have been various religious and ethnic groups claiming that they are Jewish or even that they are what they call 'the real Jews'. Judaism has been called a 'racist' religion because they only allow real Jews to be called Jews. (as strange as that may sound) So many people, just like Warren and Beto, would say, 'Why am I not a Jew? If I believe I am Jewish, then I am a Jew.' It doesn't work that way.

This whole thing may be new with Native Americans or Hispanics, but it is 'old news' in Jewish culture.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 03:35:38 am »
Just as the gatekeepers at Cherokee Nation felt slighted by Warren calling herself a Native American, O’Rourke has faced similar obstacles from official sanctioning bodies. Back in 2013, for example, he was deemed ineligible for membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. “For us, we have to have Hispanic descent to be in the caucus,” Kristian Ramos, the CHC's communications director, explained to the Texas Tribune.

Did the Irishman actually try to get membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus? I didn't know that. 888mouth
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:39:10 pm »
Did the Irishman actually try to get membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus? I didn't know that. 888mouth
@austingirl

https://www.texastribune.org/2013/07/24/city-el-paso-lacks-voice-hispanic-caucus/

El Paso Lawmaker Can't Join Hispanic Caucus; Some Seek Rule Change

Despite representing a district whose constituents are overwhelmingly Hispanic, U.S. Rep. Robert “Beto” O’Rourke, D-El Paso, is ineligible for membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Some say that should change.

by Julián Aguilar July 24, 2013

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:01:07 pm »
Rat voters don't give a crap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »

The Irish don't drink Tequila.   That alone should be enough reason to disallow.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 05:08:03 pm »
All the same, if one grows up in a heavily Hispanic area like El Paso, where one has tv stations in Spanish, radio and so on,  that is called "immersion". I don't see a big deal with O'Rourke doing this.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 05:11:30 pm »
All the same, if one grows up in a heavily Hispanic area like El Paso, where one has tv stations in Spanish, radio and so on,  that is called "immersion". I don't see a big deal with O'Rourke doing this.

Immersion my ass.  It is more akin to some lily white punk ass rich privileged suburban kid who becomes a "Wigger" because it is trendy! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 05:21:04 pm »
Immersion my ass.  It is more akin to some lily white punk ass rich privileged suburban kid who becomes a "Wigger" because it is trendy!

See?   Rat voters don't give a crap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 05:26:54 pm »
@austingirl

https://www.texastribune.org/2013/07/24/city-el-paso-lacks-voice-hispanic-caucus/

El Paso Lawmaker Can't Join Hispanic Caucus; Some Seek Rule Change

Despite representing a district whose constituents are overwhelmingly Hispanic, U.S. Rep. Robert “Beto” O’Rourke, D-El Paso, is ineligible for membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Some say that should change.

by Julián Aguilar July 24, 2013

@Elderberry

Wow. I guess I missed this when it happened because the little Irish weasel wasn't on my radar until Soros and Hollywood gave him so much money.
O'Rourke screwed his (actual) Hispanic constituents while on the El Paso city council. I wish I'd saved the video where the women were cussing him out in Spanish for trying to take their property through eminent domain to enrich himself and his father-in-law.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 05:28:06 pm »

Really? 22222frying pan

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 05:41:41 pm »
@Elderberry

Wow. I guess I missed this when it happened because the little Irish weasel wasn't on my radar until Soros and Hollywood gave him so much money.
O'Rourke screwed his (actual) Hispanic constituents while on the El Paso city council. I wish I'd saved the video where the women were cussing him out in Spanish for trying to take their property through eminent domain to enrich himself and his father-in-law.
@austingirl

! No longer available

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 05:42:38 pm »
Really? 22222frying pan

Heh.  I can't believe he wrote that.  Proves what I said upthread:  "Rat voters don't give a crap" (TM).
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 05:42:57 pm »

I've done a quick review of Beto's genalogy and from first glance through his great grandparent level there is ZERO hispanic blood.

Beto- 1972-

Parents

Pat Francis O'Rourke- 1942-2001
Private Williams Date - private (living)

Grandparents

John F. O'Rourke 1912-1966
Mildred Jasper- 1913-1967
Robert L. Williams 1921-1976
Charlotte Marguer Brooks 1921-2003

Great Grandparents

John Francis O'Rourke 1879- 1933
Anna Elizabeht Lloyd 1876 - 1963
Newton Marion Jasper 1868-1939
Onora Belle Dressler 1876-1965
Robert L. Williams 1889-1946
Eunice Bird 1896-1991
Robert C. Brooks 1877-1960
Margueritte Piel 1890 - 1926  (Only remotely non-Anglo name) ...she was from Wisconsin

This phony is as Anglo as I am.

At least Warren was 1/1024th indian.   :silly:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:44:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 05:45:54 pm »
I've done a quick review of Beto's genalogy and from first glance through his great grandparent level there is ZERO hispanic blood.

Beto- 1972-

Parents

Pat Francis O'Rourke- 1942-2001
Private Williams Date - private (living)

Grandparents

John F. O'Rourke 1912-1966
Mildred Jasper- 1913-1967
Robert L. Williams 1921-1976
Charlotte Marguer Brooks 1921-2003

Great Grandparents

John Francis O'Rourke 1879- 1933
Anna Elizabeht Lloyd 1876 - 1963
Newton Marion Jasper 1868-1939
Onora Belle Dressler 1876-1965
Robert L. Williams 1889-1946
Eunice Bird 1896-1991
Robert C. Brooks 1877-1960
Margueritte Piel 1890 - 1926  (Only remotely non-Anglo name) ...she was from Wisconsin

This phony is as Anglo as I am.

At least Warren was 1/1024th indian.   :silly:

Thanks, good info. @catfish1957

Offline austingirl

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 05:46:53 pm »
@Elderberry

Thanks, I've got it saved now.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 05:47:32 pm »
Heh.  I can't believe he wrote that.  Proves what I said upthread:  "Rat voters don't give a crap" (TM).
@Cyber Liberty

So, you've already trademarked it? LOL!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 05:55:20 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

So, you've already trademarked it? LOL!

Well, I didn't until somebody came along and proved it for me.   :laugh:
I will NOT comply.