Author Topic: Kandahar police chief killed by Afghan guard but U.S. Gen. Scott Miller unhurt  (Read 301 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kandahar police chief killed by Afghan guard but U.S. Gen. Scott Miller unhurt
The Taliban claimed responsibility and said the American commander was the intended target.
by Mushtaq Yusufzai, Hans Nichols, Ahmed Mengli and Alastair Jamieson / Oct. 18, 2018 / 8:05 AM CDT / Updated 9:21 AM CDT

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Scott Miller, escaped injury during a Taliban-claimed shooting Thursday, but two American troops were wounded.

The police chief of the southern province of Kandahar, General Abdul Raziq, was killed.
Image: Gen. Abdul Raziq, police chief of Kandahar, who was killed Thursday in a gun attack claimed by the Taliban.

A senior official said Raziq was shot in the back by one of the Kandahar governor’s own elite guards following a high-level security meeting at the governor’s compound.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gunfire-kills-afghanistan-police-chief-senior-u-s-general-scott-n921551

This is very sour news. Shot by one of his own guards.

I read an article once, it was saying, the more you fight terrorism, the more it grows.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:17:04 pm by TomSea »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, I'll ask:
Why are we still in Afghanistan...?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Abdul Raziq was one of the most powerful figures in the Afghan security aparatus [Muhammad Sadiq/EPA]
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/top-afghan-official-killed-shooting-general-unhurt-181018122339127.html

Looks rather Western and young. Such a shame, I heard some US official voice dismay about this.  It's hard to see how the government can be victorious honestly. And that is with our airstrikes.

Now, I remember, it was a CSPAN show with a writer, a woman, and she said, the more you fight terrorism, curiously, the more it seems to grow.