General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

2018/winter 2019 football season thread

<< < (2/18) > >>

mountaineer:
Amen to that. Notre Dame has to be the most overrated football team in recent memory.

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on December 30, 2018, 08:55:30 pm ---Amen to that. Notre Dame has to be the most overrated football team in recent memory.

--- End quote ---
Well, that's what these playoffs are supposed to sort out.

Not that the Playoff helped much this year. We ended up with 1, 2 and a fairly distant 3 and 4... and UCF still couldn't get higher than 8 after they proved the committee dead wrong last year. All the while, we end up with a Clemson/Alabama playoff game for the fourth year in a row.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on December 30, 2018, 08:55:30 pm ---Amen to that. Notre Dame has to be the most overrated football team in recent memory.

--- End quote ---

After the first half of last night's game, I thought the same of OU...   (Or that the Tide was an NFL team disguised as college kids).  :cool:

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on December 30, 2018, 09:49:29 pm ---After the first half of last night's game, I thought the same of OU...   (Or that the Tide was an NFL team disguised as college kids).  :cool:

--- End quote ---
Alabama just seems like they're in a league of their own this year.

They're probably good enough that they could probably beat last year's Cleveland Browns. (There's a lot of parity this year in the NFL; even the worst teams have won three times against other NFL teams.) I've heard that there's no way a college team could ever beat an NFL team, but I don't think so—a truly dysfunctional NFL team could lose to anyone, including Alabama.

Gefn:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on December 30, 2018, 09:54:02 pm --- Alabama just seems like they're in a league of their own this year.

They're probably good enough that they could probably beat last year's Cleveland Browns. (There's a lot of parity this year in the NFL; even the worst teams have won three times against other NFL teams.) I've heard that there's no way a college team could ever beat an NFL team, but I don't think so—a truly dysfunctional NFL team could lose to anyone, including Alabama.

--- End quote ---

Roll tide

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version