Author Topic: McConnell says Republicans will try to repeal Obamacare if they keep majority  (Read 800 times)

Offline corbe

McConnell says Republicans will try to repeal Obamacare if they keep majority

by Kimberly Leonard

October 17, 2018 03:20 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in new comments Wednesday that Republicans would try again to repeal Obamacare if they win enough seats on Election Day.

“If we had the votes to completely start over, we’d do it," he said in an interview with Reuters. "But that depends on what happens in a couple weeks... We’re not satisfied with the way Obamacare is working.”

The comment was the second time in recent days that McConnell, R-Ky., has made such a promise. Republicans failed to overhaul Obamacare in 2017 after holding a majority in all branches of government. The House passed legislation to replace the law, but the Senate failed to do so, with three Republican providing critical opposition to a repeal measure.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/mcconnell-says-republicans-will-try-to-repeal-obamacare-if-they-keep-majority
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Beyond 'Boy who cried Wolf' with these azzholes.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

GHW Bush had enough respect for me to stop talking about tax cuts after raising every ones.

! No longer available

I can wait so good.

Offline libertybele

Somehow Mitch, I can't help but declare b.s.!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did he say "root and branch?" 

*****rollingeyes*****..to the next county.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Flatulence. The voice is different, but the breath smells the same.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

Chutzpah.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'd really like to believe you, Mitch. However.....
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd really like to believe you, Mitch. However.....

Obvious comic strip reference:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Obvious comic strip reference:

Mitch is familiar......

"They've been playing Lucy and the football with the American people for months," said the Kentucky lawmaker. "They've said no to every single proposal that's been offered to avoid this tax hike — including their own. They're running out the clock. Moving the goal posts. Sitting on their hands. They aren't doing anything.

"Well, I say, 'Enough.' Enough. The time for games is over," he said in remarks on the Senate floor.

https://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2012/12/post_159.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"They've been playing Lucy and the football with the American people for months," said the Kentucky lawmaker. "They've said no to every single proposal that's been offered to avoid this tax hike — including their own. They're running out the clock. Moving the goal posts. Sitting on their hands. They aren't doing anything.

McConnell is projecting.  He and the GOP made it abundantly and perfectly clear that they have absolutely NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER to repeal ObamaCare over the last 9 years.

They simply want to control the purse strings to the government's ability to control our lives and to decide who lives and dies.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Mitch is familiar......

"Well, I say, 'Enough.' Enough. The time for games is over," he said in remarks on the Senate floor.

https://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2012/12/post_159.html

:happyhappy:

No, wait...it's pretty freakin'  8888crybaby
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

"Leave My Husband Alone!"

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"Leave My Husband Alone!"

She’s a tiger wife.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline berdie

Operative word is TRY.

What I can't figure out is why he came out today and said they would "fix" SS and Medicare. Yes...I think something needs to be done even though it might crater me.

But why make a statement like that now...right before the midterms. Is he crazy? (that's rhetorical.)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Operative word is TRY.

What I can't figure out is why he came out today and said they would "fix" SS and Medicare. Yes...I think something needs to be done even though it might crater me.

But why make a statement like that now...right before the midterms. Is he crazy? (that's rhetorical.)

Crazy?  Maybe.  It's in the equation...I think he believes WE are.  Gullible, for sure.
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

Don't tell me, show me!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

Offline bilo

McConnell is projecting.  He and the GOP made it abundantly and perfectly clear that they have absolutely NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER to repeal ObamaCare over the last 9 years.

They simply want to control the purse strings to the government's ability to control our lives and to decide who lives and dies.

Cynical, but looking at their track record it's hard to argue with especially when you factor in that they exempted themselves from being under obamacare.

The only reason I see to vote for Pubs in the House is the Rats are insane. The only reason to vote for Pubs in the Senate is Judges.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The only reason I see to vote for Pubs in the House is the Rats are insane. The only reason to vote for Pubs in the Senate is Judges.

And that's only because Congress and the Executive have delegated so much power to bureaucrats and Judges.  At the moment, we are only deciding on which tyrants rule us.  Until we restore the fundamental balance between the branches, liberty remains in peril.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I'm done playing that game.  I had 20 years in voting for them for that reason.

No more.

There' 'aint a dime's worth of difference in the long run between them, and I am convinced they all play for the same end goals.